Deal Check: 2021 Bolt Premium $7500 with $9k incentives

Sorry. 2021 Premium with Kinetic Blue and black bowtie. $44,410.

Itā€™s a killer discount.

Not exactly sure on your tax structure, but I was able to get the calculator pretty close using the numbers in the contract above.

Thanks, I have been working on it forever!.

Yeah, NC pays 3% on the ā€œcostā€ (montly payment + encentives/rebates), I think. Not full ā€œsalesā€ price. I think that is a $700 mistake on the form.

Yeah the calculator is a guide, and is not perfect. Especially with that tax structure. I just stuffed the money in Gov fees, and took sales tax down to 0%.

Are you going to take this offer?

Likely. I need to iron out taxes and am a bit annoyed that when they combined the ā€œoriginalā€ discount and then my GM discount, I lost $800 from what I expected. Initially they offered $6K off the sticker. Then my GM Employee discount ($2000). So I was hoping for $8K off sticker, but it is only $7210. Iā€™ll probably do it, but I want some final numbers before the 6hr train ride to MD from NC :smiley:

1 Like

In California, the best discount I have seen offered is 10.5%ish range. Based on your taxes, rebates, and this discount, I would say it is a very solid deal, even if you are unable to ā€œchiselā€ any more from the selling price. Good luck, and post an update when you seal the deal. Good luck!

Will do. CA has the benefits of State incentives, but that has driven demand. There are dealers over here with 40 on their lot that they need to move so I guess that adds some discounting.

1 Like

As someone who grew up in MD and currently lives just south of you in NC, a one way car rental may get you there faster, for less than a plane ticket, plus you have more flexibility in when you depart. The downsides are the ride is boring (especially if you have done it 100 times before, you have to drive and finding a one way drop off agency near the dealership may limit your choices).

Iā€™ll be interested in your path back and where you plan to charge to make it back to NC.

Thanks, I was thinking Amtrak to DC. But might look in to one-way rental. I think Richmond is my best place for a stop. It is under halfway so wonā€™t be an efficient stop, but then Iā€™ll have 150 left to get back to RDU.

OK, I still canā€™t convince the dealer that NC tax is not on the whole ā€œsale price.ā€ And autotitling.com does no even seem to understand and that is the service they use.

So 2 questions: If I over prepay the taxes in a one-pay (which I think is their confusion) will I be able to get the money back assuming NC says ā€œdude, we donā€™t get all that money?ā€

Any sense of what discount I should be getting for GM Employee. Seems to be $750 of the dealer discounted price. Was I wrong in thinking the Buying discount (~$3000) is equal to the Leasing discount?

Thanks for any help.

Do you mind sharing what dealer are you working with in MD?

Deal SIGNED and Bolt in the driveway!!! Thanks for all the help. Without the community and the calculator, I wouldā€™ve never known how to build a deal and wouldnā€™t have been as confident in my stance (especially the tax issues).

Here are the final numbers:
(not including $100 for train ticket, metro, uber to get to dealer, and 18kWh @ EA to make it home )
2021 Chevy Bolt Premium, Kinetic Blue, Infotainment, Driver Confidence II, Black Bow Tie
MSRP: $44,410
Sale Price: $37,200
Incentives: $9,000 (No conquest or state)
Taxes: $460 (3% use on payments and incentives)
One-Pay: $7,147
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .00008 before one-pay
Residual: 52% (after 12k)
Region: MD dealer for NC titling
Leasehackr Score: 19.1 years

2 Likes

Great deal! What part of MD? I could have given you a ride :slight_smile:

Sports Chevy in Silver Springs. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.