Deal Check: 2021 BMW X5 M50i

Hello hackers, would like your input on the following deal,

Zip code: 91775
2021 BMW X5 M50i
Msrp: $95795
$3000 down payment (total drive off)
12000 mi/36 months
$1400 including all tax and fees

Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

Missing quite a few inputs (RV, MF, incentives). Share the calculator, will make things easier.

Is this drive-offs/DAS or a downpayment?

What is the breakdown?

This looks like a full msrp deal.

Show the calc

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

Hello, the deal we discussed was $3000 DAS, $1400/month including tax. That’s all the numbers I got.

MF .00093
RV 52%

Surely before considering committing to a $52k expenditure you spent some time researching what a good deal actually was so you had a baseline to negotiate against though, right? And as such you gathered all the other information that the dealer wouldn’t share, yes?

4 Likes

I’m just trying to find if this is a good deal, here’s the calc

Which is why I posted step by step instructions for you on how to determine that.

It is not a good deal

3 Likes

Can’t you get an X5M for close to that? I’d rather drive an X5M over an M50i.

4% discount, 52% residual, $0 incentives. You know the answer.

Just work with a broker. That’s an X5MC payment.

Just take the deal. It might spawn a unicorn or two.

6 Likes

No, not a good deal. You are in X5MC territory with these numbers

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.