Deal Check 2021 BMW M340xi

Trying to work a deal here in TN on this car. I do not have the MF or the Residual, he will be sending that to me. But for now I should be able to figure this out based on a 58% Residual which is what the calculator is giving me. He said he is marking up MF 1% off base. I want to confirm this as I have 0 down pricing as well as 2500 down. Something is not lining up. Calculator shows me I should be around $824 with a MF of .00133 … I know they are taking it off the Cap cost and keeping the money in the MF. Not any builds coming, its a nice car…

Paperwork shows …Ran from ADP
0 DOWN - $891
2500 DOWN -$812

Details:

2021 BMW M340I Xdrive
36/10
Palmerao Blue
Black interior

Can you help check this…

MSRP: $65,745
Discount $4,044.00
Rebate $1,500
Total Purchase Price : $ 60,201.00

Doc Fee : 599.00
Tax : 278.83

Title Fee $136.75
Business Tax $211.82
Aq Fee: $925.00

Net Price 62,532.50

What do you want us to check? Did you look at previous deals? How does this compare to the target deal you came up with?

No it’s an awful deal.

Terrible deal why? Because the marked up MF or because of the lack of discount off Cap cost? Not much to compare it to for the '21 year… 1500 is about all the incentives BMW is offering at the time minus 500 loyalty. This is one of the better deals from a dealer I have seen on these cars and or anything coming in. Maybe the wrong car to lease right now. I just want to understand what makes it poor. Thanks

Great. Go to marketplace and see what brokers are offering on same car.

First hit has same car at $675mo with 0DAS.

Shipping will be 500-1500.

Cost of $200/mo extra over 36 mo lease is 7200.

Your discount off msrp is bad. Inventory is tight. Great time to chat with broker.

If you really want the car tell them you will do $800 a month with first DAS. Is this a custom order or on lot car?

Link to it my friend I bet your looking at a car with full MSD’s and few grand DAS.

Yeah, I am trying to find a comparable car from brokers listing and do not see anything near it.

This was a Custom order the dealer has coming in. 2 weeks away…

There scarce right now in my region at least for dealers willing to do an LH worthy deal. I would ask for 10% or base MF. It’s not a terrible deal considering the inventory shortages.

Talk to a broker right off the bat they are at 10% off and base MF. Which will help immensely

I totally agree. I just do not know anyone who is offering them @ that currently? Everything is pre sold or very little builds coming. If I can find a broker to do it then I am all ears. I sent a couple requests out.

Ok… tons of examples of BMW doing 9-10% of msrp…

I think they’re even doing custom orders at that because they want to sell their lot inventory to people who are desperate.

Pretty sure you could smash that payment on swaps lease too depending on how important exact build is to you.

Edit: I counted 17 on first page of swapalease that are sub-700. Look there

1 Like

Yes and I’m afraid to say your wrong on the savings. Click a link and see if you notice 3 four things different from OP’s deal.

So you can edit the msrp in the calculator…they’ll give you same discount %… mileage looked same? What else did I miss? Tax? I really didn’t spend much time on it… took me about 3 min to realize there were gaps…

Payment in my first example was based off of same msrp as op…

Yeah, for the current inventory and what is available its not a terrible selling price. I do not have to have that car, but its been on the radar and I am ready to buy. The inventory is just crap tho, and with the shortage of chips its not looking great.

That’s my point you spent no time and are giving your advice which isn’t helping OP at all.

The payment your showing is 4K cheaper, Full MSD’s, Base MF and extra $500 in incentives which OP doesn’t qualify for.

1 Like

I think residual is 58% not 59% from your calc, maybe double check. Buy rate and full MSD makes ~$1800 difference.

Thanks for your input JD. I get that there “has” been way better deals. I just want to make sure that during this current time for what is available now , this is fair. If the lack of inventory and willingness of dealers to come off more, then maybe its a bad time to buy this car period. Just trying to make wise , informed moves. I am new to leasing and realize it can be the wild west.

Taking my same deal and doing full MSD and 0 markup over Base MF , 500 loyally I end up @ 755 ish vs the 820 I had in the first post… So would that not be more comparable to what ccreyts is saying? Minus the full 10% …