Deal Check: 2021 Audi Q5 P+

Looking to get some thoughts on a deal I’m working on. I am turning in my current A5 Sportback P+ lease and should cash in ~$1,500 of equity from the dealer. Need to move to the Q5 to handle our growing family - but still have 6+ months until absolutely needed. This is the best I’ve been able to negotiate after speaking with a few dealers. Unfortunately no incentives at this time. Curious what people think of the deal overall or if it would make more sense to hold onto my current lease to see if conditions normalize?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Audi Q5 P+ (Nav, B&O)
MSRP: $53,xxx
Selling Price: $47,xxx
Monthly Payment: $605 + tax
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: 0.00017
Residual: 53%
Incentives: $0
Region: Mid-Atlantic
Leasehackr Score: 7.5

Pre-incentive discount looks pretty good at more than 11% off MSRP.

As long as you have confirmed this on the Edmunds Forum for your zip code, then you deal looks pretty good.

What location?


100% agreed with Bluemkn57cars. I would add that also use Leasehackr calculator to validate the payment quoted by dealership. Since I did not have the exact MSRP and selling price, I used round number and got $577 pre-tax.

  1. Well this is not accurate because you are handing over your equity

  2. Have you made sure you’re maximizing your equity?

I would totally wait 6 months… It’s already low 50 RV and 0 incentives.
At least you can get a PenFed today and wait 60 days.

The main difference is the true $0 sign and drive. If I change the upfronts to 1st month payment only it works out to $589 + tax (at the actual sales price not just $47k flat).

To be clear I am not rolling my A5 equity into the deal. This was the deal irrespective of the equity. I would have them cut me a check for the ~$1,500 or so.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.