Deal Check: 2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sprint AWD

Hey y’all! I’m considering purchasing an Stelvio, and trying to get a good deal under the wire since their December 2020 promos end tomorrow (January 4th). Would love to get some feedback on the dealer’s proposed offer I received yesterday:

Year / Make / Model / Trim: 2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sprint AWD (this is the base model)
MSRP: $47,090
Selling Price: $43,357
Monthly Payment / Months:

Drive-Off Amount: TBD
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF and Residual (27/10): .00052 and 60%
MF and Residual (39/10): .00056 and 49%
Incentives: $2000 (Manufacturer incentive plus FCA Loyalty rebate)
Region: TX (78741)

I left the dealership telling them I’ll consider their offer, and that I was heading off to the Porsche dealership to explore my options there (specifically the Macan). They tried to get me to make a decision while I was there, saying that the tax credits (this is Texas y’all :cowboy_hat_face:) they’re offering may not be available if I wait until Monday (the dealership is closed on Sundays). I told them that the base model wasn’t my first choice and that what I really wanted is the Ti Sport (which they don’t currently have in stock), but that I would strongly consider purchasing if they could come up with an amazing deal. The sales manager handed me the sheet (screenshot attached) before I left.

I guess where I’m getting stuck is how to reduce or zero out the down payment…but the sheet he gave me is very scant with details. Trying to figure out my next move so first thing Monday I can just lay out my best offer and sign that day if they agree to it.

Edited to update the selling price to the correct figure

This is incorrect - it is $43,357 (pre-incentive).

Haven’t seen many Alfa’s come through LH in awhile. Probably coz there aren’t strong deals and there is low interest on FCA products. Discount seems weak and the 39 mth residual is brutal. Have you plugged the numbers into the calculator? You already have enough info to post one at least. Good luck

2 Likes

Thanks for your response!

You’re absolutely right, the price is $43,357. I’ve put the numbers in to the calculator, I think I input everything correctly but in any case, here’s the link…(I’m new to all this, still trying to wrap my head around how to use this!)

2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sprint AWD

When there were lease deals on the, there were a few that got signed.

These came from Edmunds? Did dealer confirm they are at buy rate?

I’ll be honest, I have never loaded a Texas deal with tax credits into the calculator, but if I zero those, add the acq fee and down payment, I’m getting $442/mo

If I bump the MF to .00152 I get $509, but I probably did something wrong there. If not there’s a lot more room in this deal.

1 Like

Yes, those figures came from Edmunds! Should I ask the dealer to confirm they are at buy rate?

I’m currently talking with them right now, they lowered their proposal to $581/month, no down payment ($541 if I trade in my 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth). I told them I’d be happy to take delivery today if we can get closer to my target payment ($400-$500), which I feel is a good deal. Or is there still room?

$100 range in your target tells me you have no idea what you are shooting for. You need to narrow that down considerably. You should be proposing to them EXACTLY what you want to pay. I’m assuming this had to be done yesterday, though, right? How did you make out?

Yes, the deal was finished yesterday so I could take advantage of the manufacturer EOY rebates. I ended at $499/mo, no down payment. I added Alfa Premium Care (covers tire & rim damage, key fob replacement, paintless dent repair, and all scheduled maintenance throughout the term of the lease). and rolled it in for a total of $539/mo for 39 months. Not a unicorn deal, but I ended up with a payment I’m comfortable with.

I’m new to leasing and leasing math is really complicated for the average person, but I’m grateful for Leasehackr, I applied a lot of what I learned in the negotiations and ended up in a better place than I would have.

Congratulations. Post pics in the Trophy Garage.