Deal Check: 2020 XC60 T5 Inscription AWD - Loaner w/ 4500 Mi

I don’t think you need tire and wheel, not at $900

Excess Wear and Tear - maybe depending on your usage and their price for it.

Thanks @achen0913! I’m still considering the MSDs as that would push the price to around $361 a month including tax…which would be pretty terrific. I’m still weighing the option to invest that money with how low the market is vs. tying it up in MSDs. Likely a game time decision.

Hey @jeisensc where are you seeing those prices on wheels? In my quick searching on dealer sites i keep seeing around $500-$600 for 20 inch wheels. Maybe I don’t understand the rebate portion of that response.

Understood. It looks like you have the cash laying around, so MSDs are the obvious choice. Using MSDs is a guaranteed 20%+ return on your money. You would be hard pressed to guarantee that returns on the market. If it’s between the market or MSDs, do the MSDs

Not on the dealership websites but buying the OEM rims/tires online. But if you buy from a Volvo dealer, you might be able to use a Customer Care rebate (the best is 30% up to $200) - see in this thread:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?615423-Polestar-software-upgrade-at-a-discount-anywhere-Who-paid-what#/topics/615423

This one may be too far away for you, but reference @Bostoncarconcierge’s latest XC60 T5 Ins. Demo.

In this case, it’s 10.8% ROI per year. While that’s definitely a higher guaranteed rate than you’ll get on pretty much anything else, with how low the market is right now, for someone with less risk adversion, this may be a better investment in the market. Normally, I’m all for MSDs as an investment, but a depressed market opens new opportunities.

1 Like

I thought first responder was $2k right now? There’s also $2000 lease bonus cash in the midwest (I used Chicago’s zip)

@Bostoncarconcierge 's deal on that XC60 is great and honestly I used it as my goal when negotiating with my “localish” dealer. I would have gone to him, but I was looking for an AWD spec.

1 Like

Yeah it seems that the first responder incentive is 2k on the east coast, but all of the midwest dealers I’ve reached out to are only offering $1,500 for some reason. I think the $2,000 lease cash is a “to dealer” incentive, so it wasn’t broken out separately in my deal calc. Please correct me if I’m wrong on that.

yes, it was definitely rolled into your discount amount. For proper comparison with other deals, however, you should separate it out. We always talk about comparing “pre-incentive” discounts, as that’s the best way to normalize the deal for different markets/personal situations. Remember that the information you put in these threads is as much about getting you a good deal as it is about leaving data points for the next person, so having the most accurate data possible is helpful.

@mllcb42 I updated it to show pre-incentive discount and post-incentive. That should help for future comparison.

1 Like

Either of you have kids? About to have our first and been looking at the XC90 but the wife thinks it might be too big for her to drive… Given the situation, can’t get her out to test drive, but I’ve driven the 90 as a rental and loved it. Curious if you had thoughts on the size of the 60 w car seat/cargo space. Understand I can look up dimensions but sometimes better to get opinions

Hey @FusephMcGazy. I don’t have kids, so take my thoughts here with a grain of salt. I’m 6’4" and when it comes to mid-size SUVs I found the the XC60 to be one of the most comfortable for me in both the front and back seats. That being said I’m sure you could easily fit one car seat and still comfortably fit 3 average to large adults comfortably.

This vehicle is actually for my girlfriend and she felt the same way about the XC90 being too big for her to be comfortable driving. I actually plan on leasing an XC90 here in a few months for myself, just because I like the size of the vehicle more for my everyday driver.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Very helpful! I appreciate it

An xc60 would be just fine with one kid. The 90 doesn’t given you significantly more room in the 2nd row. If you can fit what you need in the back of the xc60, you’ll be fine.

LOL kids. I’m 23 years old straight out of college living in downtown Chicago with my SO. Kids are a long long decade from now. I don’t even know why I need an XC60 sometimes except for Costco runs. I drive the car maybe 8 times a month.

I did drive the XC90 as a loaner and its sizably large. Parking was a hassle, and you kind of want the T6 with the XC90.

I wouldn’t really haul 5 people day in and day out with the backseat of my XC60, but looks like for your situation the XC60 is perfectly fine. I haven’t had any problems fitting anything in the back. With the seats folded down, there’s a large amount of stuff you can fit.

Save the money and don’t get the XC90. I would use that money instead on like the Advanced pkg with Park Assist Pilot.

You don’t need a three row crossover with one kid. I was brought home in a 1992 Saturn: a compact car. I don’t get the obsession with size once one has kids nowadays. The only way I’ll get a three row ute is if I get stuck doing carpool duty

Car seats are significantly larger these days. That’s not to say a 3 row vehicle is needed for one kid, but comparing to days past need be done with a dose of awareness of other changes.

You can’t leave us hanging. You seem like one of those SW2 Millennials I’m guessing?

I had an SL1 I bought used (so I had the FULL Saturn experience) that got very sad during a hail storm in 1998.