Deal Check : 2020 Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription FWD 36/10k lease

Hello Friends, I am new to this forum and looking to lease for the first time. This particular Volvo had caught my eyes as it was listed for sale at $41k (10.5K off MSRP). Apart from the standard features of the Inscription trim, it also has the Bowers & Wilkins Premium Sound System.

Then I thought let me find out what it’ll cost me to lease the same vehicle for 36 months/10k miles.

This is the first response from the dealer. From the Edmunds forum, I’ve found out the RV/MF and Lease bonus for my zip code for this month. I see the RV is listed here, but don’t know what the MF they are using.

Asked them for a breakdown of the ‘Savings’ so that I can see if the Lease Bonus & other incentives like Costco are included and also the MF. The reply I got was “We can quit playing games, I want to sell you a car. What’s your number and what incentives are you looking for?” Still no response on MF.

Any suggestion/advice folks? Are any of the fees mentioned below negotiable? Thanks in advance.
PS: I had asked for a zero drive off deal.

Volvo-L1

Mentioning the model would be nice. XC40, XC60?

Oops, missed out on that. It’s a XC60. So sorry. Fixed the Subject line…

Find out the incentives other than $1,250 Costco

That’s what I had asked. But got the response mentioned in quotes in my original post. :slight_smile: There should be a Lease bonus of $3250 for my zip code as per Edmunds forum. Can you tell me if you can see the MF that they’ve applied based on the screenshot? Also, what about the fees? Isn’t the doc fee too high? Trying to understand how they got the number of $1270 and how they got Net Gap Cost & Gross Cap Cost with a difference of just $6.

Just plug everything you know into calculator and tweek it to get to the MF

So the MF that I’ve got from Edmunds is .00041. I used the numbers that I got on the LH calculator. For incentives, I used $1250 Costco plus $3250 Lease Bonus but I doubt both are available. Most probably they’ll tell me it’s already part of the Sale Price. I don’t have a MSD but I see that Leasehacker Calculator integrates MSDs for certain cars including Volvo. So what does that mean? Am I looking at the right numbers (other than incentives of course)?

You can tell the dealer you want to do 8 MSDs (max with this MF)

1 Like

Both are available, but they’ve definitely included the lease bonus already. They always do.

That’s what I also think. So without any incentive, and looking at their Payment of $463 (assuming it’s pre-tax), I think the MF is .00053. Then it doesn’t look like that good of a deal. Correct?

The handwritten note says '1st payment plus acqu fee" which are $463 plus $995 respectively. On top of that, cash down of $1270? Can I negotiate Doc Fee and Acq fee as well?

Acq fee is set by the bank. Doc fee is fixed in some states, not in others. If it’s in line with other dealers in your area, don’t expect them to budge there. You’re better focusing your effort on dealer discount.

That’s a valid question. After all your research what’s the target payment you came up with?

Well, I wasn’t expecting a response like that. The guy has just sent me the first draft and I asked him some standard questions like breakdowns of the saving showing me the incentives and the MF. Reading various posts on this forum, I don’t think that was a completely absurd question and it was my first response to his numbers. So where’s the question of ‘playing games’?

Anyway, the numbers will be much higher if there’s no more incentives. My target will be to keep it close to $400/month. Not sure if it’s doable. I am willing to wait with end of the year not too far away. But at the same time, 2020 inventory is very low. So don’t know what will be offers on the 2021 inventory in December.

Given the current lease programs and your personal leasing situation, what pre-incentive discount is needed to get you to $400/mo?

Probably about $3K.

I assume you mean $3k more.

Assuming your current selling price includes $4500 in incentives rolled in, that puts you currently at 10% pre-incentive.

$3k more would require you to be at 16% pre-incentive. I wouldn’t hold my breath on getting anywhere near there on a non-demo.

Haven’t made any contact with the dealer for the past few days. Going through various Volvo XC60 related posts on the forum, got to know about the A-Plan. Do you think it’s worth pursuing? My employer happens to be one of the Volvo A-Plan partners. So I signed up today and got the email from Volvo A-plan for generating PIN etc.

Reading A-Plan related threads, I understand that it may not be applicable for this particular car as it’s already $10k below MSRP. However, I am only interested in XC60, not in a specific trim. Can I target a 2021 Momentum with A-Plan? Thoughts?

A-plan generally results in you spending more money than needed because it locks you in at a lower discount than you could achieve without it.