Deal Check -- 2020 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

I’m at the end of my current Volvo lease and trying to figure out if this is a good enough deal to upgrade into

MSRP: $53,575
Selling price (before incentives): $45,098
Incentives: $1500 loyalty (northern CA)

Other fees:
Acquisition fee: $995
Misc dealer fee: $85

Here’s the calculator

Note: in the calculator, I zeroed out the acquisition and dealer fees because the dealer rolled that into the selling price in the worksheet they sent over.

What do you all think? Definitely not as good as some of the S60 deals I’ve seen on here from a few months ago, but lots of incentives seem to have dried up. Also, this dealer is unwilling to do MSDs for some reason.

You should definitely try for minimum of 20-22% off MSRP. We have a 2017 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Inscription. Received 28% off MSRP; understand it was a few years ago. Many of others on this forum will mention 28%+.

Late July/August is a good time to negotiate on Volvo.

Hold on there. That is both after incentives and very old data that does not reflect current conditions and inventory. I got 34% off a T5 MOM S60 loaner in February (after incentives), which is a useless data point now.

@bick_haircut Discount on new car is aggressive. Check Volvo’s website for Lease Bonus.

Not going to happen. You’re not even comparing the same generation of car.

1 Like

You need to un roll them out so you can properly compare deals.

You also need to unroll the Volvo allowance/lease cash incentive. Your goal here should be to isolate the actual pre-incentive pre-anything else discount.

You need to un roll them out so you can properly compare deals.

Sure, here’s the calculator with that unrolled.

You also need to unroll the Volvo allowance/lease cash incentive. Your goal here should be to isolate the actual pre-incentive pre-anything else discount.

The loyalty incentive is rolled out, but I’m not aware of any lease cash incentives or allowances on the T6 Inscription. Is it possible they’re applying one without telling me?

Yes, so check Volvo’s website.

Yes, so check Volvo’s website.

I don’t see any incentives specifically for the T6 Inscription. There is a 4k allowance on the T6 Momentum – do you think that carries over to the inscription?

there is 4500 in lease cash if i load in San Fran 94103

Same in the Sacramento area

That wasn’t your discount though. That included trunk money from Volvo didn’t it?

Thanks for clarifying @mariob33 and @mllcb42. Suddenly the discount doesn’t look so extreme. Here’s the updated calculator

I’m torn because I know these incentives are expiring in two days and it seems lately they’ve been getting less generous every month. Also, this is one of the only T6s left at any of the bay area dealerships right now.

On a new car, anything over 10% before incentives with low inventory is going to be aggressive. Negotiate that, base MF, and add incentives in.

Sitting at 7.4% pre-incentive then…I’ll see if they’ll budge any more, but I kind of doubt it. Any tips on getting the MF down? They’ve already said they won’t do MSDs. Is there another lever I can try?

Personally I would find another dealer. Tight inventory or not - low discount plus marked up MF smell of a bad deal.

Negotiate base MF based on what it says on Edmunds.

A marked up MF is usually acceptable if there is some crazy discount to compensate for it, but that is not the case here.

I might be missing something, but MF of .00075 matches what I saw most recently on Edmunds for the T6 inscription. The only trim level with a lower MF right now seems to be the T5. Did you see something else that indicated this was inflated?

If that is what it says on Edmunds, then that is the base-rate for the MF.

sorry i misunderstood earlier if your MF is .00075 then that sound like base. Your only lever to reduce this further is to max out MSD’s which should take it down to 0.00025 if your dealer allowed it.

Is that what edmunds told you when you asked for that trim based on your zip code? Or is that just what was posted to someone else?