DEAL CHECK: 2020 Tacoma Off-Road - $40150 MSRP - $381.66 Zero Drive off $326.55 w/MSD's

Hi Everyone,

Love this forum. There is so much information on here that is extremely helpful in getting the best deal or even knowing what deal to go after.

I have been going back and forth with a dealer on a 2020 Tacoma TRD Off-road and I think I have found the bottom. I reached out to multiple dealers and this is the only one that would come down more than a couple percent off MSRP.

Just want to get some input on what others think or have experienced and see if this is a good deal.

Here are the details.

MSRP = 40130
Sale Price = 37250
MF = .00245
Incentive = 1000.
Residual 83% or 33390
Payment = 381.66 - Drive Off

Here is the Calculator.

Thanks everyone.

Ask if you can put MSD down if the deal is through TFS, will save you close to $50 per month. In that case It will be a good deal. Some dealers in Ohio will say that TFS does not let them do that, and I think that is not true.

Which bank or captive is the lender (lessor)?

TFS, However i was quoted with Ally and US Bank and they were both higher. I didnt ask for details on those banks.

TFS’s MF is right, but the residual seems to be little off.

Is this the current TFS standard MF?

They told me that since they are applying the 1000 to the deal the MF is .00245 instead of .00204 which is the base. Guessing they did that to make a little more money

Isnt it true that the MSD’s lower the Money factor? If so, when they raised the money factor from the base wouldn’t I be paying MSD’s just to get to the base money factor? Something seems fishy here.

They are right about that, with TFS you have to use the standard MF of 0.00245 to be able to use the $1000 incentive. If you put 9 MSD down, you effective MF will be 0.00173.

The Calculator is telling me that with 9 MSD’s it will cost me $3,150. They told me to get 9 MSD’s i would need to pay $3,434.94. is there room for discrepancy in the Calculator? The Calculator payments are the same as what they are telling me.

One MSD payment is your monthly payment rounded off to the next 25 number. So if your monthly payment comes out to $330, your total MSD payment will be $350X9 = $3150.

Thank you for the explanation. Once i questioned it they came back with 2938.95 and the Price. At this point i am moving ahead with the deal. I am at 326.55 with 9 MSD’s

Thank you all for your responses and knowledge. it is greatly appreciated.

That is a great deal at zero drive off, based on the deals I’ve seen past couple of months here.

You might be aware but, 2021 TRD offroad is posted for the similar price with MDS’s in Market place, but of course it be will close to $850 down with first month and broker fees.

Thanks for the info. I did check the market place but most of the deals i would have to include shipping. I think ultimately it was just easier for me to try locally. Even though i have a solid week of back and forth with multiple dealers.

Thanks again for your input. Hopefully someone else will find this helpful as well.

1 Like

Technically, it is 0.00255, but Finance can use 0.00245 as well

Your discount is only 7%, 12% is the bottom if you can get it…maybe shop around as it is another $2,000 off.

Bear

No one will do 12% off msrp in a bad economy let alone now! Shoot for 10. Be happy with 9

1 Like

I got 11% off in Feb on a 44k TRD Off Road. I would shoot for a bit more off MSRP but like Jrouleau said I wouldn’t expect to get 11% now. My truck came from Ohio so I know they have at least 1 dealer that is good.

Honestly I am happy with what I got as I could barely get any of the dealerships to move more than 3 %. Plus there were a lot of dealers who didn’t even have them on their lots. In hindsight I should have waited closer to the end of the month and I probably could have gotten a couple more percent. Will try again in two years and see what happens.

1 Like