DEAL CHECK - 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie

Hello All -

Been lurking here for almost a year, finally in the market for a new lease. Currently looking for a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie. I live in NJ but have been shopping in VA due to what seems to be much better pricing.

I have gone back and forth with a dealer all day, and here is where I am so far - This is for a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie with some significant options (Pano Roof, 12" Uconnect, Air Suspension to name a few).

MSRP: $59,595.00
Selling Price: $50,000.00
Residual: 55%
MF: 0.00010

Gov Fee: $589.99
Doc Fee: $799.99
Destination: $1,695.00
Taxes (NJ): $1,611.09
Gross Cap Cost: $55,289.02
Cap Cost Reduction: $1,919.38
Adjusted Cap Cost: $53,369.64

DAS: $2,000 + First Payment
Monthly: $523

I feel like there is still some work to be done here, just not sure how to approach it. Nothing is locked in. I do have affiliates control number but dealer said it cannot be used. What do you guys think, I am not sold yet…

Msrp: 58,970
Employee discount for working for the dealership not sure how much it is?
Realtor incentive :$500
Competitors lease in the house hold : $500
575 x 36months 10k miles a year
2,000 + first +dmv

Is this a good deal?

If they cared about you they wouldnt let you put any money down

1 Like

I don’t know if the discount is reasonable, but a couple of things to look at:

Is “Destination” also included in MSRP (are you paying twice)?

Do states surrounding VA have a lower prevailing doc fee? $800 is almost Florida-bad.

Va makes me seem like he is, and Maryland, PA, and NJ if he can make it that far have lower doc fees. PA is capped at 389, and MD at 499.

2 Likes

Seems $2,000-$3,000 more than it should be. Going to be tough to get a good deal without GM conquest (if it still exists this month). Even with GM conquest I was just ok with my deal but for reference it was $520 / $520 DAS on a 62k Laramie. Add back in conquest and it’s $575/$575. Might want to try other states like other posters suggested to get the doc fee down but in general I think you could at least get it down to 575ish with only first month due. I felt like there was still possibly room in my deal but I was having trouble getting any quotes online, didn’t want to drag it on with low stock #s. edit: realized I responded to the 2nd person not the OP btw

1 Like

Don’t be fooled by the fake “discount” they’re trying to lure you with. They’re charging you almost double the DMV fee, the nation’s second highest doc fee and the scummiest of all, charging destination on top of the selling price

2 Likes

I have engaged some other dealerships.

It seems to me this dealer in particular is being shady with numbers as they are unable to explain how anything breaks down. Obviously that does not sit well with me at all. Appreciate all the insight so far…

Very eye opening link you provided. This dealership is doing a horrible job of providing an accurate price break down making it hard to catch this. Thank you

1 Like

Cpenn, how many miles per year? I am in NJ also looking at the Laramie also. My quotes have been high.

On a 55k Laramie 15k per year for 39 months I had 600 per month with 600DAS for reference

The best I have gotten so far was 525 month / 3000 down for a 62k Laramie Sport 12k/36. The truck is fully loaded minus the sunroof which I don’t want. About to just pull the trigger as I am tired of shopping.

I could put less down and be closer to 600 but I’d prefer the payment closer to $500.

I think it’s the best I’m gonna get for the options I want.

is it possible to share your offer paper?

Do dealers usually charge destination fees?

Doesn’t matter whether it’s usual or not. It’s a deceitful way to advertise a larger discount than they are actually giving.

Money down on a lease isn’t a great idea. If something happens your out that $$$