Deal check: 2020 Infiniti Q50 sport

First off thank you everyone, I’ve been lurking as a non member for a year and finally looking to do my first lease. Current owner of a 2017 CPO Q50 and I’m wanting to continue with the car. Found a 2020 iridium blue sport awd 3.0 turbo that I like.
Please let me know if this looks like a decent deal or if I have more room to play. I’d like to cut my drive off number in half and keep payment same or lower but I don’t know if that’s doable.

Zip 89002
Q50 sport awd 3.0
Msrp $51,895
Sale price $39,250
Saving $12,645
39 month 12k mile lease
Mf .00112
Residual 47%
$2991 drive off ($2296 cap reduction, 1st payment of $472 and $221 upfront charges)

$700 acquisition and $699 doc (not a fan) and $299 vtr (not going to pay) rolled in.

All said and done payment is $472.81
Leasehackr score 8.6

Hard pass. I would wait until Q50 offers are better or look at other brands.

1 Like

It is never a good idea to put any money down on a lease. It masks the true cost of your payment. If you take out the down payment, your “real” monthly is closer to $531.

You need to separate the dealer discount from the manufacturer’s incentives.

Wow I did not expect a hard pass. Figured there’s some room in negotiation. What is the contributing factor? I’m not a fan of the residual but figured the mf and discount was decent.

This would be the best thing to do. That payment is in Mercedes/ BMW territory

1 Like

Good to know! I’ll tell then no cap reduction and get break down of discounts.

You need to post on Edmunds to confirm the MF and incentives. Infiniti likes to throw a ton of incentives on leases.

I would stop talking to the dealer until you have done all your research. As @max_g stated, I would pass on this deal/dealer. You are barely getting a good discount, pre-rebates.

1 Like

I did confirm the MF and RV with edmunds prior to this thread being posted.
Thanks

What about incentives you qualify for? What did Edmunds say?

Curious of your outcome as I’m local and looking at Q50 sport.

If I remember well if you’ve current Infinti/Nissan you get $1k bonus, and for current Infinti lease you get $2k bonus.

That’s definitely high, but I got my Q50 Sport for $420 drive off and $420 mo 39/10. It’s definitely high but current market it was the best I could find and I needed a car asap

As a former Infiniti Q50 owner (leased a loaded one fir dirt cheap $330/month and $0 down in 2015), who walks into an Infiniti dealer in 2020, seeing all the options in this segment like the amazing S60 and new 3, and says “yup this is the sedan I want!”

Crazy.

1 Like