Deal Check: 2020 Hyundai Kona SEL FWD (Fart)

Looking at a fart car with 3030 miles that’s been at the dealer for four months. My zip is 75209. RV should be 56%, MF .00144.

I was willing to buy at the selling price of $17997, but then they sprang this “AutoTech” dealer add-on for $1376. I’ve tried to get them to waive it, but the most they want to do is “split it” and only charge me $688 (for window tint, door guards, paint protectant and wheel locks, which the locks seem excessive lol).

The quote below doesn’t capture the $688 “discount” for AutoTech but the calculator does. I don’t want to pay $274/mo for a car full of farts, but the Edmunds lease checker says it’s a good deal – how accurate is that tool?

I want to get them down closer to a $17,111 selling price (factoring .25*3030 miles) and still do $688 for the add-ons (adjusted cap of $17799, 24% off MSRP). Haven’t pitched it yet. Thoughts? WWLHD? Thanks!

$0 dealer adds or you walk. Be firm on this.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more about the $0 for the dealer markup stuff. If they already added this on, most likely the car turned into a loaner because nobody wanted to pay for all of that dealer markup.

Worst comes to worst, I could only guess that there are other Hyundai Kona loaners out there with dealerships that do not enforce this markup on you.

1 Like