Deal Check - 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid EX-L

Iowa Honda Dealer - This is my first time using the calculator, so I’ll provide as much detail as I can as there were items I couldn’t get lined up.

Notes from the dealer:
$330-$370/mo

Market Value: $34,169
License & Title Fee: $514
Processing and Document: $180
Capitalized Taxes: $799.51
Acq. Fee: $595
Gross Cap Cost: $36,257.51
Trade-in Market Value: $22,000
Trade-in Payoff: $17,094.62
Cash Cap Reduction: $0.00
Cap Cost Reduction: $4,905.38
Adjusted Cap Cost: $31,352.13

Last purchase from the same Honda Dealer was 2016 HRV, so I’m not sure if Honda has any previous customer incentives.

$500 lease cash offer for Loyalty, 500 Conquest for Nissan Toyota and Subaru, MY 2010+ IIRC

5k in cash? That doesn’t seem right. Can you post your 4square sheet (offer sheet with squares of monthly and terms etc) minus your personal info?

I have a strong suspicion you’re filling stuff in to make sense, have you read Leasing 101 or how to use the calculator?

Thanks for the help - I fudged the original calculator inputs on final sale price and updated everything to what I believe correlates with the dealer data and uploaded the photo from the dealer.

Okay, you have a trade worth money, you need to figure out if they’re giving you a fair price, it looks like a sticker deal to me with trade DAS. If you want this deal I got a boat to sell you in Iowa :slight_smile:

1 Like

To do what I mentioned, contact Carvana or Vroom, figure out what they offer, and if you’re being over allowed with this dealer, under allowed for extra profit etc. Without any discount anyways it’s pretty rough.

Basically with this deal you’re paying full sticker and putting ‘4900’ or whatever your trade is worth DAS, you honestly should switch cars, as the Hybrid is hawt, HOT ASF. A normal CRV would probably be better, I’ve done deals at this cost for a normal car, but with a trade it makes it garbage.

1 Like

$5,000 Cap. Cost with over $300 a month? I would separate the trade-in (get quotes from VROOM, Carvana, etc.) and look for a car that leases better.

Also, couldn’t help but notice VIN characters 2-5 were FART. We usually reserve that term for loaners :laughing:.

1 Like

Did I read that’s he’s paying MSRP for that car?