Deal Check 2020 Demo MB GLA 250

Hello, I am located in NJ. Please review the following quote on a lease for a demo GLA 250 with approximately 4,000 miles on it. 36mo/12k. I’ve done my homework on Edmunds. MF .00017 RV 56%
This is my 3rd time back to the dealership. I hate to think because I’m a female that I’m being underestimated by the salesman. I think they may have added fees more then once. My gut is telling me I can push for a better deal. I’ve been running the numbers the best I can using the lease calculator but it seems to not line up. I apologize in advance for not being able to upload the quote. However, I will list in detail below as it appears exactly on the quote
MSRP $43,645
Sale Price $37,500
Upfront Sales Tax +962.80
Adjusted Cap Cost $38,462.80
56% Residual Value -$24,441.20
Depreciation $14,021.60

Finance charge cap cost $38,462.80
Residual Value +$24,441.20
Sum for Avg $62,904
Financed at 36 mo @ .00017 MF
Finance Charge $384.97

Fees Due at Signing:
Acquisition fee $1095
Doc fee $389
NJ Lien Fee $25
Lien Fee $25
NJ Reg fee $311
tag fee $28
NJ tire fee $5.00
NJ Title fee $60
Title fee $60
Total Fees $1998
1st mo payment $400.18
Total Due at signing $2,398.18

Depreciation $14,021.60
Finance Charge 384.97
Fees due at Signing $1998
Total of the Lease Payments $16,404.58

On the surface this looks like a decent deal, but the net result, a payment of $400 with $2400 DAS, is high. You can see my reference deal here which was at $384 with $384 DAS.

You are getting about 14% off pre-incentive, which is good for a loaner, but you don’t mention any rebates or incentives. It’s pretty easy to qualify for fleet discount with Mercedes, do you not have loyalty or conquest? When I leased my GLA250 loaner I had $2250 in rebates.

You may want to look into stretching this out to 48 months.

You may want to consider putting down MSDs to lower the MF.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case. But going to the dealership to negotiate is a mistake for a person of any gender.

Create a new email account that just says first initial, last name (or assign a unisex nickname to yourself) and start from there.

I reviewed your deal and it seems much better considering the few variables. With only $384 DAS suggests there is definitely room to move on my deal. I don’t believe I qualify for a fleet discount but I will look into it further. I don’t have loyalty or conquest. My last/1st lease was an Infiniti QX30. As for rebates and incentives, to my knowledge they are not offering any.

What would be the benefit of stretching this to 48mo? only to reduce the payment?

I asked about MSD’s. The GM advised it wouldn’t be worth it since the MF was already at .00017. He said each MSD would be $500 and would lower the MF by .00007 which wouldn’t make a significant difference on the payment.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It’s not very hard to qualify for Mercedes Fleet. If your employer is not a member, a number of clubs offer fleet as a benefit (United, PenFed, Morgan Stanley). We have a thread on this forum with tips on how to qualify

Edmunds is saying you should be getting $1000 dealer lease cash with no fleet incentive. If your are not being told about it, then assume they are baking it into the discount. Have them break it out instead.

The 2 MSDs will lower the payment around ~$10/mo. With the MSDs, the MF is effectively zero, and the Mercedes warranty is 48 month, so unless you like changing cars, stretching the term to 48 months does not significantly incur more rental charges. This will save another ~$25/mo.

1 Like

In comparison, you would want to think about the additional costs related to a 48 month lease, such as the extra year of registration, probably tires, potentially brakes, etc. that you may not need to replace if you do a 36 month lease.