Deal Check: 2020 Bolt LT purchase $23,206.24 out the door or wait for lease deal?

SoCal:

$38,640 MSRP (color and DCFC options) + $999 dealer required Karr SWAT protection (5yr activation up to $20K vehicle replacement)
– $8.5K Chevy Cons Cash
– $3K Costco
– $1.5K Chevy Select Mark
– $6,568 dealer discount?
= $20,071
.+ $2,569.59 sales tax (7.75%)
.+ $565.75 Registration/misc fees
=23,206.34 Out the door
– $2K CVRP
– $1K SCE
= $20,206

I’m returning a 2017 Bolt 36mo/45K mi that I 1 payed $8,200-$2,500 CVRP-$450 SCE -$700 Costco=$4,550

I should have leased in September, but need carpool and free tolls. Buy or wait???

What costs should I expect on lease return?

• Lost 1 key,
  • EV battery replaced last year under recall,
  • $10K of underbody/electrical system damage from running over an alloy wheel someone left on the freeway at night. Insurance covered it, dealer did the repairs,
  • small nicks on front bumper under 1/2"
  • otherwise clean

WTF? People steal Bolt’s? They can barely give them away. Personally I would still lease, even with the program not as good. The payment on $23k is still almost double that of a lease. And if you have the cash, do a one pay.

2 Likes

It seems like you do not have good luck with your previous car considering the laundry list of damages on your 2017. You should lease as the car is a depreciating asset and if you buy the 2020, the value will quickly go down the drain.

I’m in So Cal… trying to see if anyone has stock on Bolts right now?

So you ask on some else’s thread? Go to the market place, or use the google’s, i heard you find chevy dealers on there

The repaired damage is irrelevant, minor charges for the bumper is what I would assume. Just find a used key on ebay, fixes that problem. No disposition if you lease another GM

Oh and go talk to @ethanrs, I assume he doesn’t put bull crap “Karr SWAT” on his cars

1 Like

Ethan HAD bolts, but he’s on Vacation right now.

He’s out of stock but you should monitor his thread as he posts 30 bolts and they are gone after an hour.

Back from vacation - but still sold out :confused:

Ethan! I texted you yesterday and today, when do you think you’ll get more stock?

A week or two - honestly no idea. They just kinda show up.

1 Like

Right on, I will catch up with you then, thanks!

Nobody can see the future. It’s totally up to you.