Deal Check - 2020 Acura RDX SH-AWD Tech Pkg

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Acura RDX SH-AWD Tech Pkg (Service Loaner)
Current Mileage: 1400
MSRP: $44,195
Sale Price: $36,565
Monthly Payment: $380
Drive-Off Amount: $2004 (First Month + Fees + Taxes upfront (6.75%)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00215
Residual: 58%
Incentives: Loyalty: $1500; Conquest: $1000
Region: Midwest (Ohio)
Leasehackr Score: 9.5
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Acura&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=44195&sales_price=36565&months=36&mf=.00215&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=2500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=58&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=6.75&demo_mileage=0&memo=&totalLeaseTax_radio=true

He hasn’t mentioned anything about the incentives. Just that it’s a ‘special’. We already have an Audi and an Acura so we can potentially qualify for the Loyalty and/or Conquest incentives.

As is without any incentives offered: $455 a month
Just with Loyalty Bonus: $410 a month
Just with Conquest Bonus: $425 a month
With both incentives: $380 a month

Can I do better on this deal since it is a service loaner?

Thank You

Does loyalty and conquest stack for Acura? That’s a great discount if it’s really before incentives.

This is a pretty darn good deal.

What did Edmunds tell you about incentives when you asked for MF/RV/incentives?

1 Like

Acura doesn’t stack Conquest and Loyalty, so as long as your Acura is a 2010 or newer you would use that. I’m assuming you have your numbers mixed up and the $410 is with the Loyalty and the $425 would be with the Conquest? MF is right so it seems like a good deal for that car.

Edmunds mentioned: $3125 in incentives but it doesn’t provide a breakdown. I had to go do some more research to find out the following:
$500 Conquest - For current SUV owners (Audi Q5, BMW X3 etc.)
$1000 Conquest - For ANY audi, bmw, etc.
$1500 Loyalty - For any 2010 or newer Acura
$750 Military - Does not apply to me
$500 Grad - Does not apply to me

Yes - good catch jrstout! I fixed the numbers.

The incentives that Edmunds provides on the forum never includes conditional incentives like that. That would suggest there are $3125 in incentives in addition to the conditionals.

@mllcb42 - Thank you for that. But would that be already included in the ‘Special Price’ they mentioned?

If I got to Acura.com, the lease example they give is for the base SH-AWD.
MSRP: $40,825
Cap Cost: $33,764
It says the cap cost includes the loyalty bonus, which equates to about $5500 worth of discount on the vehicle.

So are you suggesting there is still room for more?

Dealers love to roll incentives into the sale price to make it look like they’re giving a better discount than they are. That’s why we always preach negotiating pre-incentive discounts

Do you have an actual dealer quote?

17% off an Acura seems unrealistic.

Also you need to include RV deduction for demo miles. $0.10 per mile.

1 Like

@chrishs2000 Yes. I have the quote in the email. It clearly says a special of $36,565 in the email.

The rest are my own calculations based on research.

Care to share? Doesn’t sound like a quote.

Here is a snapshot from the email I received from the dealer. Would this be a quote?
When I requested lease numbers, they said the manager would call me - and we have not been able to get on the phone yet. I didn’t want to before I had done all of my research.

No, that’s not a quote. You have no idea what that price includes. Be up front that you are leasing as incentives may difference from finance - playing hide the weenie just wastes everybody’s time.

1 Like

Ok. I did mention to them that I wanted to lease.
After that, it has just been “manager wants to speak to you on the phone”.

Looks like I’ll just have to try another dealership.

Maybe, maybe not. Counter their BS with your own BS and insist on written communication either email or text. Phone call or visit isn’t a bad idea to push it over the goal line, but email is faster and easier in the beginning to weed out who is transparent/aggressive and who is not.

1 Like

an update to this:
The dealer stopped responding when I insisted on written communication.

Went on to the next dealer and this time I did get everything in writing:

MSRP: $44,025
Sales Price: $38,762 (About 12% off MSRP)
MF: .00225 (Edmunds has it at .00215)
Residual: 58% ($25535)

For just the first month’s payment as money due at signing - $541 a month. I tried to re-calculate it using the leasehackr calculator, but I get a higher monthly.

Any chance I can do better?

I am just getting into leasing and I was also wondering if you price can get better. I currently have a Acura and looking at the RDX.

Trying to see how this deal shakes out and if I left any scraps on the table.
2020 RDX A-Spec
MSRP 45,195
SP 36,752.24
Pymt $460
DAS $460 (1st pay only)
Miles 7,500
MF .00215
Residual 59%
Dealer saying the rebates are “in the deal” but looks like there should be Acura loyalty since we’re trading in 2017 MDX lease. Thoughts?

In Texas - Not sure if that matters.

Yes. Acura loyalty is up to $2000 this month. You should be getting it.
Also it seems your deal is already better than mine with just the first month’s payment due. I’m still being quoted a payment of $489