Deal Check-2019 S5 SB P+

Hi guys, been shopping around for and am close to finalizing the following deal, 12k/36 months:

Audi Deal Sheet

MSRP: $64600
Sales Price: $52972
MF: .00136
RV: 56% (adding audi care to payment)
Acq Fee: $895 (paying upfront)
Upfront fees: $1847.38 (need to get a breakdown of this, as it includes the 1st month plus acq fee, but dont know what the remainder is for)
Base Payment: $617.34
Tax: $43.21
Monthly Payment: $660.55

I am considering paying audicare upfront, which according to the LH calculator would bring payment down to $629 tax included, and trying to get another $1k off the sales price to get me under $600 tax included. Any thoughts or advice? Thanks for taking the time to read!

From another thread:

I just signed a S5 Sportback Premium (not P+) … 1850 DAS, 36/10k for 522 a month. I included Audicare and it brought it up to $545.

There’s a 4k allowance on the S5’s right now, and if you add audicare your residual goes up to 57%.

You should settle for mid 500’s with inceptions down on a Premium Plus…

That’s for a premium, and for lower mileage. I don’t know how he got a residual at 57%.

I am looking at a P+. There’s actually a $5k allowance per Edmunds for my region, and the residual for P+ is 55%, add 1% for audicare.

His deal was for 10k miles per year while yours is for 12k miles per year.

1 Like

Ask the dealer to separate the dealer discount and the incentives.

Let’s assume that $5k incentive is included in the quoted sale price. If that is the case, your pre-incentive sale price is $57,972. That’s barely 10% off MSRP. You should be getting at least 15% off MSRP on a 2919 model, IMO.

1 Like

Or better yet, determine the incentives independently and separate them yourself, so you make sure to include ALL the rebates.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve tried to push for a higher discount but have received nothing better so far.

Every dealer I’ve asked to discount the MSRP further and then add the dealer market allowance has said they cannot do that. I’m going to give it one more shot with this current dealer and see what they say.

Hi and thanks for the feedback. As far as I am aware in my region there are no incentives and only the dealer allowance. I thought there was a loyalty incentive on the S5 but I couldn’t find a source to confirm.

It might be time to either expand your search radius or grab one of the advertised broker deals on the forum.

I can’t comment on the discount/incentives, but I wouldn’t bother asking for any additional breakdown on the up-front amount. If you add the $199 doc fee + the $895 bank fee and hit them both with 7% tax (both are typically subject to sales tax in most states), you’re only missing $16.25 of the $1,186.83 – the remaining amount is likely some miscellaneous tax (e.g., a tire tax, a state inspection fee, etc.)

2 Likes

Been doing a multi state search and this is where I landed at. Upfronts are higher too (shipping). Thanks for your response.

Ah yup that makes sense. Thanks!

If you are not in a rush, I will follow up with dealers at the end of the month. I still think you can do better than 10% off MSRP pre-incentives on a “1 year old” car.

Yeah I agree. I am going to the dealer on Thursday prepared to ask for a further discount. If they can’t do it I am going to say thanks and follow up with them in a week or so.

Appreciate the response!

Why not call them up and speak with the internet sales manager? You are going to be wasting your time going into the dealership.

1 Like

Nothing good comes from going in to the dealer

3 Likes

Yeah not going in. Going to send another email and go from there. Thanks!

Keep us updated. I’m eyeing one as well and if I can get a significant discount off MSRP, I may jump on it.

1 Like