Deal Check: 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport AWD

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport AWD
MSRP: $55,490
Cap cost: $47,490
Monthly Payment: $545
Drive-Off Amount: $2850 ($1000 down payment)
Months:39
Annual Mileage:15k
MF: .0005
Residual:45%
Incentives: 3,500
Region: Seattle, WA
Leasehackr Score:
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

Not sure how to replicate this on the calculator, but was coming up with a little over 8 years on score. Is this a decent deal? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Run away terrible

Garbage deal. Have you seen the current threads on these models?

i havent seen much happen since december. anyone sign deals in january?

Forget his name but the dealer that’s in Erie PA is the go to guy

thanks man!

1 Like

@Justin_Sutton is the guy you want. I got mine from him a year or so ago.

tbe Leasehackr score is an 11.4 on this deal. I don’t think that’s a deal to run away from. The same incentives are not available in January nor is the $1050 in Amazon gift cards. Hopefully they will come back. @Justin_Sutton is the dealer in Erie I used and he is great.

that is not the deal in question. see the first post.

Sorry. Misread the post.

Once again people trashing the deal but don’t do the math! The residuals on these are 45% so when the sticker is 6k more than the deal they’re comparing it to that equals almost another 135 or so in monthly payments. So in short, this is not a “terrible” deal. It’s totally comparable to other deals listed but with more options so more cost. Better discount than the other examples (14.5% off before incentives) even. You’re getting a great discount, 15k miles, and a totally optioned out car. You might not qualify for as many incentives or they aren’t offering as much this month.

Pretty solid. Doubt you’ll do much better unless the programs change. See about doing 27 months instead of 39 to get a better residual

I completely disagree.

First, $633 a month for Giulia, even one that is fully optioned, is an objectively bad price. That’s a total of $24,690 over 39 months ($560*39+$2850).

A two-second internet search shows a base Giulia “advertising” leases $359 a month with $3880 DAS, or a total of $17,881 over 39 months.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-sports-car-deals

Now, the “ad” is assuredly a crap deal as well , but even assuming it does not account for taxes, title, etc., or hidden fees, it’s still several thousand dollars cheaper. Even assuming for the sake of argument that the options are worth the extra thousands out of your pocket - which I wouldn’t - OP’s offer is no better than the same crap deal as advertised, and likely worse.

Second, the OP’s combination of an awful RV and an unknown MF almost guarantees him an insane payment - particularly in comparison to what else you can get for your money in the present market. There are MUCH nicer cars to be had for an effective $633 a month than the Giulia.

This is Leasehackr, not a damn reddit subforum.

1 Like

So I got the MF from dealer, it is .0005. According to Edmunds, it should be .00016. Is this the dealer inflating the MF to make money?

How are others getting better deals? I thought nearly 15% off MSRP was good. The real problem seems to be how low the residuals are. 45% where I have seen BMW at like 60%!

Base Giulia 10k miles. He’s pricing one out with every option and 15k miles/yr. The residual is 45%. His discount is good, mf is a little marked up. He might do better with 27 months but to call his deal terrible and compare it to a base Giulia is not fair. Even his marked up mf is still only 1.2% apr. That’s low. The fundamentals of his deal are good. Residual really hurts him as does the msrp

1 Like

Thank you, that is logical.
Comparing cars with completely different MSRP doesnt make much sense if looking at monthly payment.
Given the low residual and high MSRP, this seemed reasonable.

Make sure they’re not adding in LoJack or other nonsense. Check with other dealers and yeah email that guy in Erie to see if he can do better

Thanks Surfer, will check!
Unfortunately Justin from Erie wont work with me because I am too far away.

1 Like

Just because some of the “fundamentals” are good doesn’t make it a good lease. Plenty of models or entire brands don’t lease that well. This is one of them. The RV effectively kills any chance of a decent lease.

It’s perfectly appropriate to compare the trim levels and other cars to see what you are getting for your money. A $633 effective payment for Giulia is simply not a good value. I’ve seen some BMW M340i deals that were substantially less - and IMHO, that’s a much better car.

Now, will a fully optioned Giulia be more than the base model? Sure almost always, absent a unicorn deal or something else wonky. But there are a bunch of Giulias even with different trims that satisfy or come close to the 1% rule, and the OP’s quote doesn’t come anywhere close.

That’s why you can tell it’s an objectively bad quote.