DCU 65-Month Auto Loan Rate Increased from 1.49% to 1.99% to 2.24% to 2.74% to 3.24% to 3.99% to 4.49% to 5.24%

DCU shows a lease buyout option, just did it last month

Pretty sure itā€™s a Used Car Loan. In process of buying out my Volvo lease and plan to hold it max for another year until the 4 year factory warranty runs out. Rates I was getting quoted by VCFS for Tier 1 Credit was Used Car Rates (4.2% or so for 5 years). Ended up doing Used Car loan with PenFed and am waiting for the check.

DCU has two auto loan applications, new and refinance. Select new for a lease buyout.

Looks like the rates were updated last week, now is 2.49 up to 60 months.

1 Like

Now 3.99%.

I closed mine at 1.49%.

Currently earning 1.8% APY on liquid savings (and checking) at SoFi.

How quickly things can changeā€¦

1 Like

Do you recommend sofi?
Have mine with penfed I get 150 bucks a month on and they at 1%

SoFi currently has a sign up bonus if you decide to go that wayā€¦do a quick Google search for it.

Bask Bank ( part of Texas Capital ) is at 2.02 on savings. Currently thinking about getting a 90 day T bill which was at 2.44 or so pre this week.

Do you use bask?

Yes. Currently I have the account that pays you in AA miles that I set up a few years ago when rates were at 0 and they had a 6000 mile sign up bonus.

About to open one that does the 2.02 rate though unless something better pops up or I try a 90 day T bill w/ those funds.

The bank is fine, fairly pedestrian website but no issues. Texas Capital is FDIC insured so all good on that front.

Yes, in particular their same-day ACH transfers are completed in a couple of business hours.

And they pay the same APY on checking (Iā€™m not using the checking account, but they donā€™t offer just one account or the other, you have to take both).

Also they have new account bonuses as @ApexHunt notes.

I need to update the subject line.

While I do that, thereā€™s also a thread discussing where to get strong financing deals elsewhere:

1 Like

You can refinance it if/when the rates are lowered. But the feds are going to keep raising rates and it doesnā€™t seem like it will stop soon. Target is 4.5-4.75% and it is currently at 3-3.25%. Even once it tops out, they arenā€™t going to magically lower it overnight.

1 Like