Customer-Friendly SoCal Honda Dealership Suggestions Needed

You will be happy it is there come monsoon season.

1 Like

Let’s see those deals!

2 Likes

I have to speak with my GM and GSM and see if they will let me do a spread-sheet or what.

I would package it as a spreadsheet that won’t be advertised to the general public as Honda does not allow advertising below MSRP. Like Cody from Toyota, create a spreadsheet that is only given out to interested parties (i.e. not advertised).

I’ve seen a lot of Honda dealerships advertise under MSRP. Honda of Tysons Corner is a notable example

Glad to see Honda will be represented - sad that no sample deals have been posted!

Civic Type R - $1,000,000 INCLUDES ALL TAXES, TITLE AND LICENSE. NO REQUIRED ACCESSORIES!

In all seriousness I appreciate the support and eagerness from the community. I need to speak with my GM and GSM about if/how we want to use this forum as a means for moving metal. I understand we aren’t going to make any money leasing vehicles with this forum which is fine - so we have to see what makes sense on the dealership’s end. I don’t know if they will want me to post a spreadsheet or just create custom deals for vehicles that have been in inventory for a while and need to move before having a birthday. A lot of vehicles’ prices at any given time of the year are affected by supply/demand and the average selling price in that area (similar to housing).

I have done my best to answer and help anyone who has sent me a private message though.

2 Likes

24 or 36 months? How many miles per year? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: I can only imagine what the Type R leases for, if there’s even a program for it. Are dealers still marking them up?

This guy sounds like he’s from OC Honda World, the dealership that stroked me then slapped me when I wanted to finish the deal.

Not all Honda dealerships add accessories, Hardin Honda doesn’t, and I was able to get a great deal on a stock Accoed Hybrid EX w/o any added accessories.

OC Honda wanted to sell me an after market alarm for an additional $1k.

2 Likes

Yes the Type R’s usually sell over MSRP…how much depends on the color and how long a dealership has it for. I’ve seen a few of them sell before it actually arrives at the dealership.

Stroked and slapped? Kinky. This is not my dealership, though. Honda World sounds like a horribly disappointing amusement park.

EVERYONE GO TO HARDIN HONDA FOR NO ACCESSORIES AND GREAT DEALS ON ACCORDS!

My work here is done.

1 Like

What’s the reasoning? is it literally just for you guys to make more money? - nice little bonus for the holidays? - set a price that the market will take and ‘discount’ it when people decide paying over MSRP for a Civic is all a little bit silly?

The Type R? I am not a big performance car guy however there is always someone who wants it and will pay whatever for it. It can definitely make a nice holiday bonus…or make up for all the mini-deals from grinding customers.

Oh sorry I realized you might have meant the accessories. The accessories are to put the in-ground pool in my mansion.

1 Like

Yeah it was just about the mark-up on the Type R’s. I get not discounting it when it’s new but marking up just for profiteering? c’mon. It’s a Civic not a GT3 RS. I get that you guys are running a business and the industry is hardly known for being fair but it just seems wrong to take advantage of enthusiasm for new models. It’s not ‘customer friendly’. But then I’m just a hippy European liberal who thinks too much about fairness.

I understand what you’re saying and I wouldn’t buy a car at or above MSRP unless it cured cancer. However it does appear that supply and demand is a fundamental building block of Capitalism. You’re not a commie are you!?!?

(edit, spelled block as clock because I have fat fingers…and a fat face)

1 Like

Absolutely not! How dare you sir! I just believe in things like socialized medicine, universal income, free education…oh wait. Damn.

2 Likes

Lol…but on the other comment about marking up just for profiteering; many years back when the Altima had a re-designed model and they had the “nasa” seats in 'em, I went to a local dealership to get numbers for a family member, and right there on the sticker it said “dealer mark-up $5,000.00” . Yes, insane, and there was a note next to it that it was not set by the manufacturer, but by dealer.

1 Like

It was the Altima Type R. “R” as in “Rental car”.

Yes, absolutely.