Custom Order Mercedes GLE-350 4Matic

This is my 1st time custom ordering a car for a lease. In the past, I was able pick out of inventory. I called several California dealers about custom ordering a 2022 GLE450 4Matic.

1. Some let me order the car first with no obligation to purchase. We would negotiate/sign at delivery

2. Others require negotiate/sign before custom ordering

Whats pros/cons of each? I’m skeptical why dealer would let you custom order without commitment to purchase, seems shady.

I think it largely depends on your build, if you come in and build something super ugly with weird options, those other dealers might change their tune, but at the end of the day, generally speaking, no matter what, you can refuse delivery up until any moment before you actually sign for the car, and in many states they’re required to give you your money back if you left a deposit, so sometimes it’s a matter of company policy whether or not they decided to take a deposit. In this market, they probably care less if it’s a decent build because someone else will buy it fairly quickly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.