Crazy Dealer Smythe Volvo

HI all,

I recently leased a 2018 S90 Volvo from Smythe Volvo in NJ.

I’ve had a ton of issues ranging from incorrect documentation to no state inspection sticker. I’ve taken delivery about a month ago and they are claiming that they placed an inspection sticker on the vehicle prior to delivery. I never saw a sticker and I asked them about it multiple times.

I wanted to go to my local Police department to file a police report based on the fact that the inspection sticker was stolen (since I need this documentation to get a new sticker, but the finance manager at Smythe Volvo refuses to submit a affidavit attesting to the fact that it was stolen.

What am i supposed to do? Maybe this is happening because I got a ridiculous price :slight_smile:

Where are you from? (20 characters), state.

Highland Park, NJ (20 characters)

The dealer is located in Chatham, NJ. I would talk to a different finance manager or the General Manager and just ask for another sticker.

This seems like a very easily resolved issue, just go to the dealership. Also the dealer is in summit not chatham

Already done that. He refuses to sign an affidavit so I can bring it to the PD.

Dealer refuses to participate. Says the sticker was stolen from vehicle after it was placed on it. (Before delivery). Not an easily fixed issue. They cannot and won’t issue another sticker because they can be liable for 10,000k fine.

Can you just go to any inspection station for $10?
Mine has inspection report from Volvo of queens in glove box but no sticker so I went to nearby station and have it inspected for $10 and 5 minutes of time.

Just go to the local inspection station NJ DMV in Lodi, in my experience they never question when you leased / bought the car, they just want to run it as quickly thru the lanes and slap on the sticker.

On my Benz mine was actually peeling after a detail, and they gave me another one no questions asked

What’s the crazy deal that you got?