Convertible Lease?

Hi there!

I’m currently driving a financed sedan for $400 a month. I’d much rather lease a convertible for around that price range even more. Obviously the lower the better. Other than the Jaguar f-type, I am also interested in the BMW (4 series) and Mercedes (c or e class) convertibles. The most important features for me are the backup camera, and navigation.

Can you guys give me an idea what is a great deal. Any suggestions are also greatly appreciated. I’m in the Los Angeles Area and willing to go to any dealership.

base 4 series convertible would prob be $550+ with some inception $.

1 Like

Once it’s a convertible- the residual drops like a fly. You should highly consider this one if still available and near you.

1 Like

If your set on a convertible, the higher end brands are probably out of the question for under $400 a month. Like previously stated, convertible residual’s are typically awful compared to their sedan / coupe counterparts. Even an A3 convertible or 2 series is likely going to be topping $400 a month. The new Fiat Spider convertible has some pretty competitive lease rates for under $400.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the reply! @305Hackr @Alex @sub28

Not set on a convertible. I would definitely go for a coupe especially if it’s within that price range. The convertible seemed like a great idea but not at this time :frowning:

1 Like

@MGuzman325 mini cooper convertible can be had for under $400/mo

If you a quick mental check, you want the monthly payment (including tax) to be < 1% MSRP for a 36/10k lease with $0 down (+ drive-off fees) and you should have cash for MSDs (up to 10x your monthly payment) to lower MF if necessary.

For example, with your $400/mo budget, look for vehicles with $40k MSRP. For cars that lease well (MB, Infiniti, maybe BMWs), you could look for up to $50-52k MSRP.

This is just a starting point. Once you get close to something specific (a vehicle sitting on a lot), post back on Ask the Hackers for evaluation

Probably you could get a one pay camaro convertible lease

It’s different if you decide to buy used though- but this isn’t the place to discuss buying :relieved: