Contemplating leasing a Jeep Wrangler

@shuki Yes, HarborOne Bank is who you want to look to use. They are doing a lot of Wrangler volume lately. They were a credit union until a few years ago. What zip code are you in? I can send you a list of Jeep dealers to shop at that are doing business through HarborOne.

I am in 97007. I am also considering a 4 Runner if you happen to have any information for them. Thank you.

@Barney5 Sorry we donā€™t currently work with any credit unions in OR or WA. Hopefully that will change in the next 18 months.

Thank you very much for looking. Should I check with some of the credit unions locally to see what kind of leasing programs that they have (if any)?

Biggest issue Iā€™m having is finding a Willyā€™s package (23K) with a 6MT. There are a couple local in here in CO, but there are the oneā€™s w/o the Power Convenience package and I donā€™t think I can go that retro. Iā€™d consider factory ordering one, but since Iā€™m leasing, I know the numbers canā€™t be locked now for a delivery in late July/early Aug.

I donā€™t think you can even order a Wrangler still.

New builds are in July and Delivery is Sep

Yep, a dealer I spoke to this afternoon said everything was restricted as of today and new order donā€™t open up until 7/2.

Thatā€™s the old (current) body style ā€¦ just an FYI.

Iā€™ve been hearing the new model will drop December or so.

Yeah, Iā€™m still after a JK. I turn my current lease in on 8/15 so I donā€™t have time to wait for the new model.

Who is your current lease through? Some lenders will allow you to extend you lease up to 6 months.

You will have a tough time getting exactly what you want. Are you more set on the Willyā€™s package or the MT? There might be more availability of MTs on some of the other Sport variants.

My current lease is through Audi Financial, but I donā€™t really have any interest in extending my lease. In general, I donā€™t like buying/leasing a vehicle in the first year of its production. I bought a new 3-series in 2012 and it was plagued with minor steering, engine, body, and transmission issues. Most of those were fixed through software or firmware updates, but having to constantly be at the dealer was tedious.

As far as options, Iā€™m also looking at a Big Bear and those seem to be fairly easy to come by, so I do have a safety.

Youā€™ll be getting the current gen model if you order in July.

New gen orders are october iirc

@Barney5 I know all the credit unions that are leasing the US and none of them are in the NW, unfortunately. It is a great market for credit unions to lease in because the models we tend to target have a high penetration of overall leasing in Oregon and Washington. We have a couple in the works but it is a long and complicated process of convincing a credit union to start leasing. Optimistically in a year we will have one in the Seattle area and after that another one in Portland.

Thank you for your time!

Hi RV guy. Are you aware of any credit unions in Virginia doing leases? I live right outside of washington DC.

@daliante None currently. NJ is the closest.

@RVguy

What is the residual and MF split between your offerings and the current lenders?

@Benedetto It is different for every variant of lender, make, model and style. And it will all change when they launch their new programs.

Can you give an example for one you have on hand?

Take a Sport Wrangler Unlimited for example.

36m 12k: 73%

MF ranges depending on the state and your credit and dealer participation level.

5 in CO: 0.00123 to 0.00145.
1 in FL: 0.000108
2 in IN: 0.00125 to 0.00135
1 in MA: 0.00162
2 in MI: 0.00154 to 0.00177
3 in NY: 0.00106 to 0.00141
1 in NJ: 0.00117
3 in OH: 0.00114 to 0.00132
1 in PA: 0.00129
1 in WI: 0.00125