Confused car fax/Auto history report -Appreciate your response and help

I spoke to the sales manager, the manager says it is cosmetic and cannot replace as the AC condenser is still working. But she is offering me discount on CNA preferred care+ plus extended warranty for $1000 bumper to bumper with $100 deductible for 3 years/36k Miles.Refer to the attached on the extended warranty.I feel again they are trying to sell something or it’s better to go for it? This is the intial coverage they offered me for $1.6k,I declined it.

After all that, you want to buy more stuff from them? :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Well if the car truly has issues then may not be a bad idea to buy a warranty.

Do not ever ever ever ever get a third party warranty. HondaCare or nothing.

Also you can call CNA and buy the thing yourself, it’s probably cheaper than what she quoted :rofl:

I still don’t understand the big deal with the AC condenser. Having fins smashed in on a heat exchanger isn’t a problem unless so many are smashed that it drops below its minimum required efficiency. If it was a big issue, automakers would not leave them exposed. I had an 03 Accord with 250k highway miles and the condenser fins on that thing exposed by the lower grille were completely smashed from rock impacts; AC still blew ice cold.

I stand by performing a used oil analysis ($30) and deciding based on that whether to keep or dump the car. It’s the best way to get a good read on engine condition short of tearing it apart.

2 Likes

Okay, there are times a third party warranty may be useful.

I wouldn’t own an Audi outside of warranty and would purchase a Fidelity premium warranty for it to be covered.

Wouldn’t own a Land Rover without warranty coverage either.

I wouldn’t buy a third party warranty for a Honda, though.

I have heard nothing but bad stories with third party warranties. Companies dissolving then reforming, specific maintenance requirements to retain coverage, lots of exclusions, use of aftermarket parts, etc. Don’t think I’ve ever actually heard of someone who was happy with one. But, as always, I could be wrong :grin:

For reference, I can buy a HondaCare 6yr/120k warranty for my Accord for $985 with zero deductible as long as I do it before the warranty expires. I just can’t imagine a scenario in which an Accord costs $1000 to fix, like you said it’s not an Audi lol. Parts are cheap and they’re easy to work on.

Edit: read the story online of the guy who bought a Land Rover from Carmax and only paid like $500 for their warranty. I think he had like $10k in claims, Carmax doesn’t offer warranties for them anymore :rofl:

I feel confident that if a lengthy extended warranty is that cheap, I’ll probably never need it.

You’re thinking of Doug DeMuro formerly of Jalopnik. He simultaneously provided a ringing endorsement for CarMax and also ensured prices would go up from then on.

Yes I am! I think DeMuro is a total tool and do not like his reviews or writing style, but that’s a good article series. Except of course that he ruined it for everyone else.

Yup, Doug demuro created a market where Carmaxs warranty service is priced in tiers. Now the same warranty for that Land Rover would be 9k instead Of the 3,900 he paid.

No longer makes sense to go to carmax for any reason.

It really depends on the brand, type of car, and the warranty company. The majority of horror stories I hear about third party warranties are from people who buy warranties from shady places or companies. Gotta do research into the companies that are out there.

CNA is one of the reputable ones. They’ve been around for years. I’d trust CNA, but would go HondaCare if the price was comparable.

1 Like

Good to know!

Honda care with 3 years /36k miles bumper to bumper warranty with 0 deductible for $1356, is this a good price?

You can buy HondaCare warranties online, or ask your dealer to price match.

www.collegehillshonda,com

Changed the tires, and the noises are gone now…I’m relieved. The service department did not close the hood…and heavy wind today and luckily it did not fold up.Is there any way I can remove the “lemon car” title of this thread ?

1 Like

Thanks Chris…will check with them.

1 Like

Done

Even Hackrs have 20 char requirement? :grinning:

Congrats.