Confused by id4 total down payment

You should walk away from this deal and not even consider talking to another dealer until you know exactly what this should cost.

2 Likes

I could use some help. Is this a terrible deal? I was attracted the low down payment advertised but this seems insane.

yes. 9k over 36 months = $250/month making this a $666/month quote.

Threads merged. Please keep all your related posts in one thread.

2 Likes

Sorry. Thanks!

Seems to be only issue is das, just seems to be off by about 1200

Always use that term “drive off” not money down bc then they give you the cap cost reduction number but then ask for a bunch of other stuff upfront too.

Almost $700/month for an overpriced EV is not good.

Hard to give you any advice without the MSRP, selling price and if any extra were thrown in (usually the total cap cost breakdown is on page 2).

Unlikely you are going to get a decent deal on an ID4 as they are the new hot EV at the moment.

2 Likes

The residual on this is around 50%, so leasing this will be expensive no matter what. ID.4 was targeted more of a competitor to Rav4 and other similar vehicles, hence it’s very tame on the tech side of things or even drivability. IMO, it’s not worth the premium it’s asking for.

1 Like

Also Leasing 101 says to never put this much money down as it’s gone if you are t-boned leaving the dealer parking lot even if it’s not your fault.

Personally I would stick to $1-2k however totally up to you as any aspect including taxes and fees can be financed.

1 Like

This is APPROXIMATELY what a 36/10k full sticker deal with the $7500 in lease cash and $2,000 Drive clean rebate should look like. I don’t know your exact NYS sales tax so I estimated at 8.5%:

Now, a VW dealer can mark up the money factor by .00125 so if you do the same deal at full markup with an additional $5,000 due at signing you get something very close to what your paperwork shows:

5 Likes

So even with 0 MF markup it’s around $600 effective… which is absurd.

2 Likes

Exactly. I have a feeling once the shortages abate, VW dealers will have a hell of a time unloading these for anything more than $400/mo OTD.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.