Complaint Against Car Dealership

Take a look at this.

I understand it says Dec 31st 2020, but from looks of it they will be extending the dates even for this year.

2 months after the last reply

So buckle up

For the experts, could it be a case where the contract wasn’t funded?v? Genuine question and just curious if this could be the root to both issues?

An unfunded contract would result in plates not being sent, however, the dealership would be trying to reclaim the vehicle. Also, the signed contract goes with you when you take the vehicle, prior to it ever funding.

1 Like

Login to the portal and see what happens. Just realized OP has never replied

1 Like

This is the problem with luxury brands selling entry level cars. The expectation are just too high.

Attitude has a lot more to do with how you get treated by anyone, anywhere, at any time, LEO’s included.

I can assure you that 99.99% of cops in this country wouldn’t walk up to a car with expired tags and say “well I wasn’t going to ticket this person but now that I see they’re not white guess I will”. I mean think about how nonsensical that is, seriously.

Your insinuation here is incorrect, dangerous, and speaks to the level of misinformation on police interaction that’s proliferated our society.

Don’t believe me? There’s some body camera footage you can FOIL and watch cops doing their jobs, cutting people of all races breaks, and treating people fairly if you still don’t get it. You can probably find thousands and thousands of hours of that for every minute of doing it wrong, but hey, cops doing their job won’t get the clicks :man_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

I got my car on 12/28 and my plates were shipped to me on 1/12 in NJ. Not much of a delay.

This forum needs dedicated consumer advocates because right now it’s a frat house for brokers, dealers and those who benefit from them (like me)

1 Like

This is exactly it. Bottom barrel shoppers in a luxury brand.

It’s like the other guy that gets a +$100k 7 series (and gets a deal) and complains that it wasn’t clean.

Thank Leashackr for part of that.

Your car should always be gassed up and detailed at pick up. Doesn’t matter what you pay for it. That’s a minimum level of service you should get for buying from a dealership.

3 Likes

Honestly even during non pandemic circumstances I’ve had plates take 30-45 days, with everything going on I’ve seen some people wait up to 3 months for their plates.

If it ticked you off that much then email the General Manager but I don’t think it’s fair to complain or talk negatively on the store for something that’s out of their control.

Like other users have said, this is a common problem especially in New Jersey… I promise you are not the only one lol

Write to your Governor and State Assembly

2 Likes

Or just move out of New Jersey like everyone else.

Have you seen housing prices in the NJ suburbs since the pandemic started??? Things are selling above ask prior to even hitting the market. The jersey exodus is exaggerated.

3 Likes

Same here in much of Florida, hard to understand really. But I guess 2% interest rates are not hurting.

Some people are fleeing from the tristate generally speaking to Florida, some are strictly fleeing NYC to NJ/NY suburbs. The markets in both are nuts.

3 Likes

Let’s stay on topic.

Or if there’s nothing on-topic left to discuss, then let this thread rest in peace

1 Like

I’m in the same boat with a Mercedes. It’s been over 100 days and the dealer won’t respond to me or MB financial. The dealer won’t send the MSO to Mercedes financial or to me to register the car. Basically the car had never been titled. The Dealer won’t respond to the DMV either (Tennessee DMV turns around with 24 hrs. They are not behind so no grace here). The county clerk has been calling them herself. More than 10 percent through the entire contract and haven’t been able to drive the car. More than frustrated. Was considering a GLS - never, never again.

3 Likes

Looks like @Jayanti_G is not interested in this topic anymore. Asked the questions and left. LOL

2 Likes