Circling back at end of lease and a warning on refijet.com

So this forum helped me get a killer deal on a 2019 Audi Q5 36 months ago. Zero down, 460 a month yadda yadda. I have 25k miles so way under and lease is up end of July, buy out is 24k.

Went to refijet.com due to good reviews, preapproved at 2.7% for a lease buyout with tax paid out of pocket. Put the hard pull credit check in and they called and said congrats you are authorized at 5.4%, i said what the hell this is some bait and switch action, GTFO. They said sorry, the pre approval rate must have been a mistake!

They absolutely did not care and made no effort to explain (mainly because the rep didnt have a clue what she was talking about). Really disappointed in them.

In the end I called my bank, Navy Federal, quick application, 4.2% rate including tax, total monthly about the same, check on the way. Shout out to the credit unions.

Figure I’ll keep it until better lease deals come up in a year or two then maybe sell and go for a volvo.

Crazy that the Q5 is 24k + tax and carmax has one with similar mileage for 36k. So tempting to sell but i think its smarter to buy it and hold it for a while.

1 Like

Congrats on not just taking the 5.4% consolation prize!

With that said, 4.2% is still a pretty stiff rate, assuming good credit and a manageable debt load (DTI).

Good news is you can refi ASAP with one of the many other readily-available options out there.

PS: Loan rates are often advertised “as low as…” and heavily disclaimed (credit unions do this too!), and decisioning / pricing on auto loans is generally automated.

Phone agents are there to provide general customer service, and have little or no insight into how the approval/pricing algorithms work.

Good luck with the refi!

Whats your credit like. Is there a possibility that your score tanked or your identity got stolen? SoCal go with Wescom FCU, they’re doing as low as 2.28% APR for 72 months.

3 Likes

4.19% is NFCU’s “Used Car” 61-72 month rate. There might be better, but it’s not eligible for new car financing rates.

I think that’s Navy Federal’s best rate (assuming the Late Model Used Vehicle rate applies to a lease buyout and the term was 61-72 months):

Never assume that using “your” credit union is the best option just because they “serve” people who are “like you.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was comparing it to the other options in the marketplace.

I stand by my assessment. :slight_smile:

Well it’s 1.2% less than what OP was offered. Who has better used car / lease finance rates right now?

Without even going outside my own head or beyond this thread,

and DCU is still 3.24% for 65 months.

At 66-72 months it’s a point higher (and higher than NFCU for 61-72 months) but fair enough.

Which one are we talking about? This is Wescom:

I was referring to DCU

Oh, yeah. Duh.

Sorry, I’m normally up early but it’s even foggier upstairs when I roll out of bed before 3 a.m. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

[6 a.m. flight :yawning_face: ]

1 Like