Chrysler Pacifica Rebate - Does dealer have access to specific person's rebate offers?

I am not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this, but here it is (sorry for the long post, I do not know whom else to ask).

About a week ago, I purchased a Pacifica Hybrid. I was negotiating at the dealership and finally negotiated what I thought was a good deal. There were/are a bunch of different rebates on the Pacifica Hybrids that you can qualify for. When I was negotiating with the dealer , he informed that I qualify for $5500 worth of rebates that is immediately applied towards the purchase. In the finance office , during paper work signing I noticed that they made me fill out a rebate form for $6000 (the dealer turns it in on my behalf), I did not think much of it since the final price was the price I was happy with. I signed everything and drove off.

When I got home, I honestly realized I received an email from Chrysler (a week prior to the purchase)that allowed me to receive an additional $1000 off , since Chrysler is a sponsor of a particular podcast I listen to (I had to go to a special Chrysler site to put my info in and received a unique code). During the negotiations I completely forgot about it, so I contacted my sales rep. He informed that he will get together with the Sales Manager to check how to go about it and to send him the actual email offer. I sent him the email with the coupon code (foolishly). The dealer sales manager got back to me and stated that they knew about my additional $1000 offer ahead of time and were able to see it (do not know how, name?) and already included in the deal. I have a weird feeling that this is not the case. From the time they started negotiating with me it was always $5500 ($3000 + $2000 that are nationally advertised and the remaining unadvertised) and then I signed for $6000 in the finance office. Also, they never asked me whether I wanted to use it?

Two questions, Do dealers have access to specific customer rebate information ? Is the dealer being dishonest?

thank you all

When you give a dealer (Chrysler in this particular case) your name, address, email address, etc they can verify what targeted incentives you qualify for.

Thank you… it just felt shady with the number change 5500 vs 6000

With BMW for example, their $1,000 unique codes are actually $500 from the OEM and $500 contribution from the dealer.

Often it nets just the additional $500 from the OEM because the dealer doesn’t want to make any additional contribution

1 Like

It’s called a TDM or targeted direct mailer(email too).

It’s likely they already used it - all they need is your zip code and last name to verify/apply it.

1 Like