Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM Lease Deals

Dont forget the 795 processing fee.

Basic tricks from dealerships to make savings look greater than it really is.

It actually is when the average is closer to 10k off. (obviously after all incentives) At least in the DMV area.

Anyone in the DMV can get a Jeep from Koons for 7% below invoice + incentives, buy rate on MF. The only issue is you have to order the car.

Several on their website are way more than $5k and that is for less MSRP!

http://www.dulleschryslerdodgejeep.com/new-inventory/index.htm?make=Jeep&model=Grand+Cherokee&sortBy=internetPrice+asc&

Can you provide me an example of a Jeep Grand Cherokee with 10k off?

Iā€™d like to see that one and Iā€™m not saying your wrong - I just havenā€™t seen that before.

Theyā€™re also discounting destination on the websiteā€¦

Thatā€™s got nothing to do with Elliott and everything to do with their internet dept.

Please contact the dealer for additional manufacturer rebates that may be available and could further reduce your price! ā€œOwner Appreciation Priceā€ prices include current manufacturer rebates and factory incentives, some of which may require financing through the manufacturer and are therefore subject to credit approval. Additional factory rebates from certain manufacturers, such as first time buyers, recent college graduates, veterans and/or active members of the military, owners of competitive makes, loyalty rebates etc., may be available. ā€œOwner Appreciation Priceā€ pricing may not be compatible with special factory financing. ā€œOwner Appreciation Priceā€ prices are valid based on manufacturer incentive program time periods.

We make every effort to provide accurate information, but please verify options and price before purchasing. All vehicles are subject to prior sale. All prices are special internet prices only. All financing is subject to approved credit. All new vehicle prices exclude freight of $1195. Tax, tags, and processing fee of $795 additional. See dealer for details and restrictions.

• The advertised price does not include sales tax, vehicle registration fees, other fees required by law, finance charges and any documentation charges.

Agreed. Like I said Elliott is a great guy. He is trying to make this work but their dealership is awful.

What they could do for this forum is to give a $500 discount on their ridiculous $795 processing fee. So that people just donā€™t go to MD to save $500 on dealer fee. But they still need to make up money somehow for their transparency and not marking up MF, so itā€™s still is a numbers game.

You got it @Ursus, but I donā€™t have that kind of buy in or pull here. These fees have been here since before meā€¦ but if we get in the Hackrs sweet spot (1% or less than MSRP), does it matter?

Exactly. It is a numbers game. I do not care which pot you wanna allocate the funds too. I care about the OTD price.

Psychologically - yes, for most people. Because we understand that itā€™s dealershipā€™s pure profit and now itā€™s higher than bankā€™s acquisition fee. And bank actually does all the lease work. Iā€™ve seen it going here from $100 (I think) to $385 then to $599 and now $795. Heck, Iā€™d also ask you for extra $500 off of the sale price :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doc fee is rarely profit.

States have requirements to hold paperwork for X years.

In Mi - itā€™s 10 years! We have to store and update the record with any changes. It gets tedious for the biller/title person/paperwork admin to keep updating everything.

However, in Michigan doc is a max $199 and $75 for employees/friends/supplier/CDI deals.

Cā€™mon. If MD can do it for $300 or NY for $75 and VA did it for $385 about 4-5 years ago then they can still do it for less than $795 or $1000 in FL

Maryland use to be $199 and VA use to be $399. Maryland moved the max to $299 and VA removed their cap. Most VA dealership are $499. This dealership is outside of the DMV norm at $795.

:confused: ouch ā€¦

I mostly see $599 now in DC area

$599 doc in Michigan and people would riot!

Still just seems like whatā€™s market average.

People complain about doc fee but donā€™t pay attention to the massive discount from @CDJRElliott

Its blows my mind. Lol. Even when I am range of Hackr specs, they still balk. Canā€™t win them all.

Is that directed at me?

@CDJRElliott Are all of your lease deals through Chrysler Captive or do you work with Ally and US Bank as well? Do you work with the Subaru dealership under the same dealer group or just the FCA side?

I donā€™t currently have any Credit Unions in our network that can operate in Virginia but there might be opportunities down the road. We love to work with progressive dealers and it seems like your management falls into that category.

Regarding the doc fee discussions, these are largely driven by what the local market will bear. Dealers will take whatever they can get. Virginia is not a lease heavy state like MI, NY, CA, OH, FL, PA, MA and NJ. The lease penetration in Michigan is over 60% which is supported by minimal $199 doc fee.

The employee market really pushes the lease market.

Employees can find RAM 1500s around $100 a month.

I canā€™t answer for @CDJRElliott but most if not all CDJR stores are setup with Ally and US Bank. When they lacked their own financing arm they leaned heavily on them.

Ally was at one point the preferred lender for FCA. I lost a ton of deals from people who pissed off GMACā€¦ :slight_smile: