Chrysler Capital Lease Buyout- How long until title in hand?

Thank you!

Carvana, Algo, Equityhacker. Also, from my understanding the payoff quote includes tax and fees. is that not accurate?

You need to check at least 7 other sources for offers.

Paying sales tax to sell it to Vroom is very unlikely to generate the highest net proceeds.

You will have to pay taxes and fees if you buy it and then sell it to vroom. If it’s sold to a 3rd party dealer, they will not, so your cost will be much higher to buy it first.

Is the state of NV or your county going to charge any fees for you to get the title in your name? Most of these purchasers will not purchase a vehicle with just a lessor released title. What is the time frame at your DMV to turn around a new title?

Another thing to keep in mind when you get your title you then need to bring it to your DMV and get a new title put into your name. That will add more waiting. Vroom will not buy from you with a title with your lender still on it.

1 Like

Can you recommend some other sources? I haven’t seen any in the forums but I am probably not looking in the right place.

I am not sure, these are good questions.

1 Like

Thanks much.

1 Like

I’m hours away from completing a deal with GivemetheVIN for my Wrangler… They have been the highest bidders. They’re working with CCAP lease on this deal… Give them a shot.

Having good pictures help for when they come.

Thank you - their initial offer just barely covers the payoff at the high end. It could be my vehicle is just not as popular a model and that is why I am seeing offers way below KBB.

Try Autonation and Shift. They were the highest offers when I sold my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee last week.

Vroom’s stock is in the toilet today (Down 80% in 6 months) so don’t count on that offer being good.

Great information. thanks.

Ah, darn. Understood. Best of luck to you! :pray:t4:

Hey, if you don’t mind my Asking: how was it with Autonation? I hear their purchase values are good, but every time I submitted a price request, they would connect me with a local affiliate. That local affiliate (MB of Miami in one case,) was almost always damn near clueless.

Having to educate these guys that not all lease companies shut down 3rd party buyouts got boring real quick. I never got a price from them :man_shrugging:t4:

Next time you get a quote, put in the zip code of the nearest autonation dealer of the brand you want. It’ll connect you with them.

1 Like

If you get a quote online from Autonation, most of the Autonation dealers will honor it and you can negotiate for even more. You can always go to another Autonation dealer and bring your online quote. I’m based in Los Angeles.

Here is my Autonation experience:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.