Chevy Miles Overage

What happens if you go over your allocated miles with a Chevy lease? Can you prepay and buy miles before lease end?
Do they charge you for excessive wear and tear?

When you turn in the car you’ll be charged whatever your lease agreement states (perhaps $0.25/mile on overage miles)

The short answer is no. But you can pay all the future lease payments now and turn in the car early, if that would be cheaper than going over your miles

Yes they do. But you may be able to wriggle out of those wear and tear and (some) mileage charges if you lease another vehicle. I have read that GM allows (up to) $500 in wear and tear and/or mileage charges if you get another lease.

Also for what it’s worth, I read that Chevy/GM may (or may not) offer you a lease pull-ahead offer at 4 months before lease end to entice you into another vehicle. If that’s the case then perhaps you can work out a new deal without paying for the overage miles you would incur those last 4 months.

If you lease or purchase another GM vehicle, they will waive the turn in fee, waive up to $500 of excess wear and tear, and up to $500 of excess mileage (2,000 miles). You must do this within ten days of turning in your old lease.

Anyone know if Ford has a similar forgiveness/waive policy when you lease another Ford vehicle? Turned in a Ford lease a few days ago, was told by the dealer we would receive a bill for around $250 for excess mileage from Ford, but we did lease another one the very same day.

I’m not sure if there’s an official policy but when I turned in a Ford lease and got another one, I was over on miles but the dealer covered it. I think I had about $500 in excess wear and tear and overmileage, but Ford Credit applied a $300 credit since I got a new Ford and the dealer covered the rest.

You should call Ford Credit to ask.