Chevy Corvette Stingray Mid-Engine - Now MY 2023

I’ve found 1 in NJ for $1k over msrp. If you’re interested lmk

LT1 base coupe? Can I see the sticker?

2LT coupe & 3LT vert

I am not super actively shopping for one, just checking from time to time. Recently I started seeing MSRP ones, but usually 3LT convertible with a bunch of unnecessary packages etc so not exactly cheap I would say.

Like in stock 1LT or 2LT coupe with Z51 or minimal packages for MSRP and no dealer addons would be pretty tempting I guess. What prices are everyone seeing now?

If you are going for the flip even a 1lt with z51 will be underwater after taxes most likely

1 Like

Ordered mine the end of December. I originally agreed to 3% of MSRP markup because this dealer said they had a short list. Well a year later, after being skipped in line a few times because of constraints. I finally was able to take delivery. Because of the delay and changing market, I was able to negotiate the fee down from $2300 to $750. I’d rather pay nothing but I can live with that. I’m not checking values right now, as I plan to enjoy this one for a while.

19 Likes

Congrats !! What spec?

Thanks man… 1LT with z51 package.

2 Likes

TBH I’m just waiting for the next-gen, this gen has come and gone and is over IMO.

The next-gen c9 will be hybrid tech like LaFerrari/ Porsche 918 which then would get them ready for the full electric corvette for the c10 and introduce a luxury Cadillac version of the corvette at 250k+ price point as they have teased.

C9 likely 7+ years away.

2 Likes

C9 is 1-2 years away, Biden leaked it already.

“They tell me — and I’m looking forward to this if it’s true, to driving one — that they’re making an electric Corvette that can go 200 mph,” said the Democratic candidate for president. “You think I’m kidding — I’m not kidding. So I’m excited about it.”

I don’t see them introducing the electric corvette as just an upgraded c8, that would be lame as hell. Every generation is supposed to bring big changes. Also, it would use some version of the Ultium build.

Also, they already teased the electric Camaro

I’m looking for a keeper actually. Feels like one of the last chances to get a reasonably priced V8, especially given that I’m not a fan of how mustangs drive. Just don’t want to spend too much on a for fun car given the current uncertainty in the economy.

You are going to be waiting a long time for a C9. C8 mid engine platform is going to be electrified. One of the main reason they went mid engine.

The C8 hybrid E-ray is now confirmed to be released 2023, by Mark Reuss at recent GM Investor Day.

Reuss also confirmed the ZR1 and ZORA will follow in subsequent years. C8 will be around for many more years.

2 Likes

thx for the info I guess I wasn’t in the loop as well as I thought. Those hybrids will be nice next year.

When you wait too long before flipping:

1 Like

Sorry, that is gut wrenching! Happened to my sisters LC500. $15k to replace all 4 rims.

1 Like

search for a manufacturer vehicle schedule I’ve posted a while back. GM has listed electric Corvette for registering start of production and their cahssis code is not C-anything. Its presumably Ultium platform Corvette sub-brand car.

The irony is C8 stock wheels are horrendous looking. Thieves aren’t going to make much on facebook marketplace.

2 Likes

What Chicago area is this ?

Update to the C8 I picked up back in December. I received an envelope in the mail from the dealer a while back. Thinking it was a survey or some other junk mail, I put it to the side. Well, I finally opened it up and it was a check for $2309. There was a letter attached that stated it was reimbursement for a MSRP hike that came after my order was submitted. Between the MSRP and rate hikes, I’m glad I took delivery when I did. Now, I’m just waiting for this weather to break so I can get some miles in! Oh, also waiting for my tags… since the current ones expired 12/29 :unamused:

13 Likes