Chevy Corvette Stingray Mid-Engine - Now MY 2023

Yeah…… this is definitely going to affect some buyers who are considering a resale.

I personally do not think they will tank, I believe these will remain solid for sometime to come. But, since I know I do not want one for myself, unless the potential return is very very significant, I would not want to risk 100 K plus on the flip. For instance, I would not risk 100 K+ to potentially gain 5 or 10 K after the dust settled (taxes, etc). Right now the returns on these obviously are much higher than that, we just don’t know if that will remain.

We could be joint owners on the title :hot_face:

1 Like

My number is up to build a C8. I know the market is soft on them but just wondering if MSRP resale is possible. Does anyone know the MMR on a 1 LT? I’ll probably just do the upgrade exhaust and upgrade the wheels.

If you wanna swim with @BlueAc go for it

Yeah, basically what @drdvgrs said. My turn was last month but decided against it. Sometimes you can even get one on the lot for MSRP.

I understand but are those MSRP deals only during winter and north of Florida? I still had to wait 10 months to get to this point and it will still be another 3-4 months out from order to arrival.

Waiting doesn’t mean that you can pick something up and flip it for a profit.

The market today and the market 10 months ago is drastically different.

No profit after tax/fees, however if you are getting to enjoy the car. Enjoy it and you won’t be that upside down on it if market holds steady.

1 Like

Agree :100:. The market for the C8’s is nowhere near what it was. Fwiw, I had passed on my opportunity to order many months ago.

If my intentions were to have fun at a relatively low cost - take it. If you’re simply looking to make a buck… keep looking. Unless it’s a Z06, the juice isn’t worst the squeeze.

Agreed……the regular C8 are no longer worth getting if the intent is a flip.

a 2023 3LT just sold on C&B for 10k under sticker lol.

these are not just underwater but the titanic at this point.

5 Likes

I’m good over here… no need to mention me in that.

3 Likes

This is the problem with the auto market. Cars have always been depreciating, but many people are treating this market as an investment opportunity to pull money. Just take your money and go invest in index or mutual funds. Leave cars to the people who want to drive them.

4 Likes

Not really looking to make money on this. Just trying to gauge the cost of ownership for 6 months to a year. I know it’s far out and nearly impossible to know what the sports car market will be like then.

I don’t mind eating the taxes and fees but a 10-15K loss is a different story.

The MMR at 76K for a 1LT says a different story by the way. A base is 65K plus taxes and fees. I optioned one out at 70K plus taxes and fees. So I’d be just about even if that holds.

I think everyone will be rather surprised if it did. With the Z06, eray, forthcoming zr1 etc….the reg C8 will be far less desirable.

1 Like

It’s a mass produced sports car that’s been out a few years already. There’s now plenty of supply, but market speculation hasn’t quite caught up, but it will. Everyone still thinks it’s 2021 and C8s are ultra-super-friggin-rare-better-than-Ferrari-zomg-good. Check out auction sales, these things are going lower and lower.

A C8 is still just a normal corvette. The special editions and trims are the versions that are worth getting and it seems C8 is about to get those.

1 Like

I feel like you are just trying to convince yourself that you won’t be 10k under a year from now, but most here would agree with me the probability is higher 50% that you will be 10k under LOL. If you can get it now and just enjoy it for a few months, then yeah probably just gonna lose on taxes and fees. MSRP deals on stock units are obtainable now, just look at those Facebook posts.

1 Like

Look at the last few auctions on carsandbids, they were bid to or sold below msrp. I don’t see a break even money situation.