Chevy Bolt LT dealer quote not same as leasehackr calculator

First time leasehackr here.

I need help making sense of the dealer’s quoted monthly payment. When I enter the same numbers into the leasehackr calculator, I don’t get the same monthly payment. Am I entering the numbers wrong in the calculator or is the dealer’s calculation for the monthly payment wrong?

Dealer quote
2020 Chevy Bolt LT
36 months
10,000 miles
MSRP 38,800
Price 34,920
MF .000121
Residual 47%
Government fees (title and license) $957.75 PAID UPFRONT
Taxes 0 (WA state no sales tax on EV)
Doc fee 150 PAID UPFRONT
Sec dep 0
Total initial payment 11,250 (this is the rebate, but on the quote its listed as the initial payment)
Residual 18,236
Acquisition fee 695 (dealer says it must be included in the lease, can’t pay upfront)
Monthly payment 180.44

Leasehackr calculator

You’re asking about a $5.44/mo difference? Or am I missing something?

One of your inputs is wrong/different from the dealer. If it’s that big of a deal, go input by input with the finance manager. Usually it’s a fees or selling price issue.

What is the actual due at sale from the dealer?

due at sale is $1107.75 for the 957.75 title and license + 150 doc fee

i asked to pay the title, license, doc fee up front so i don’t have to pay interest on it. is this a bad idea? should i just roll it into the lease?

If you correct your fees (so you’re not double counting the dealer fee) and match your DAS, your calculator is almost exactly on.

Oh shoot I did screw up the dealer fee. Good catch. How did you get -175 for the down payment? Thanks for helping out a newbie!

The negative downpayment is input to make the DAS match (it also happens to be the amount of 1 payment before the reduction, as the calculator automatically charges first month’s payment as part of the DAS. Since you’re paying only the fees up front, you need to back it out.

Gotcha. Thanks again! You rock.

1 Like

Looks like a great deal, outside of CA with that state’s clean air rebates. By chance did you get a quote on the Premier trim? If you don’t mind, can you share the WA dealer and rep you worked with? (Or PM me.) Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.