Chevy Bolt, Hyundai Kona, or Tesla Model 3 (in state vs. out of state)?

Have you priced out a Leaf Plus purchase? They aren’t selling well, and I would expect a 13%ish dealer discount and you can still get the full $7500 tax credit. The electric company in AZ added a $2500 rebate on a Leaf purchase ($3500 for the reg 40kw Leaf) which can be stacked w the dealer discount. Combine it all and you are talking $15k off MSRP. I know the state rebates vary but just an example of something available.

1 Like

We weren’t impressed with the leaf compared to the Bolt or Tesla. I think Hyundai is out, so it’s just between the two now

Hey @dano9258 I was in the same boat as you in deciding between a Bolt and Model 3. I see that you’re looking to lease with $0 down (I also wanted to lease with $0 down), but just wanted to share the general details of my Bolt purchase.

Vehicle: 2019 Chevy Bolt LT+ (Driver Confidence I and II, Comfort and Convenience, DC fast charge)
MSRP: $40,195.00
Dealer Discount (Penske Chevrolet in Cerritos): $8,950.00
Manufacturer Rebates: $8,000
Net Selling Price: $23,245.00
Sales Tax CA: $2,976.36
Fee: $543
OTD Price: $26,764.36

GM Financial APR: 6.99%
Monthly payment with $0 down: $457.14 (72 month term)

I only signed a loan with GM financial because of the offer to wave the dispositon fee of my 2017 Volt and up to $500 in damages. After this month, I will either pay off the loan in cash or refinance with another bank.

Here’s the breakdown after other incentives:
OTD Price: $26,764.36
Federal Tax Rebate: $3,750
CVRP: $2,500
SCE: $1,000

Final cost: $19,514.36 (/72 months = $271.03) for ownership

I know things will be different for you in NV, but hope it helps!

2 Likes

Have you gotten an insurance quote on the tesla compared to the others?

The leases may not be far apart in price, but total cost of ownership may be due to much higher insurance costs.

1 Like

It’s been reported both ways…some actually got similar quotes for both cars. This is definitely a regional thing and OP needs to ask his insurance broker for quotes.

Well done. That is an unbelievable price. And you will get 2500 more in cvrp and 3750 tax credit. Please post a pic of contract so I can take it to dealer to match. I appreciate the help. Essentially a brand new bolt for 20k. Those who bought at msrp must be pulling their hair out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@vhooloo Here you go!

5 Likes

I hope you love your BOLT!!! Great deal :slight_smile: and thanks for the image :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a huge dealer discount. I thought the purchase rebates totaled $10,500 with $1500 lease loyalty. Do you have a current GM lease?

@vhooloo Yes I love everything about it so far!

@Svsfan There are rebates totalling $10,500. The $2,500 dealer cash wasn’t applied, because they used dealer discounts instead. And yes, I have a 2017 Chevy Volt lease (one of the $80 lease spectaculars!)

1 Like

If you want to save money and get even longer range, a barely used Tesla in their used inventory costs around the same for either Midrange or Long Range RWD, which will give you substantially more range.

Here’s my lease offer… Something isn’t adding up

Their numbers add up to the calculator if the MF is marked up by .001

It is adding up…to a pricey lease. Any post sale rebates?
Did you talk to this guy? $320 for a Premier.

We have the Honda Clarity PHEV Touring and Tesla Model 3. Both great cars and I recommend both, but the best deal by far is to purchase/own the Tesla Model3 SR for $35K minus $1750 federal tax credit and other state incentives. The Bolt is pretty good but nowhere near as good as Tesla. If you want adaptive cruise or autopilot then spend the extra $4K and get the Tesla Model 3 SR+ . White paint is free and black/blue/gray is $750 to $1000 extra.

Also…if you do lease the Tesla 3 (imo, not worth it), you’ll have to return the car at the end of the lease. There’s no option to buy the car lease-end. And any state/federal incentives, Tesla get to keep them. Not you. I would owned it instead. I switched from a BMW to Model 3 and loved it! And before October, when you order with a referral code, you’ll get 2000 miles supercharging free instead of 1000 miles :slight_smile:

That’s not true. They can’t claim the customer’s CVRP rebate in CA.

2 Likes

With the lease deal offered, would you do a lease on the Bolt or get a loan? We countered back from the otd cost of 32300 with another 1000 off and will see what they say. But if they agree, a 44045 car for 31300 with tax out the door seems like too good to pass up compared to the lease they are offering. Plus if we do it by Oct 1st, we’d get $3750 tax credit too. So essentially getting $16000 off sticker.

Just spoke with him, he said only CA residents…

I agree. With 13k discount, buying a bolt is no brainer provided you intend to keep it for a while. The resale value of a 3 year premier bolt is around 20k, so selling in 3 years is still a 12k hit, which possibly comes out to 350 a month straight depreciation.

If you qualify for fed tax credit, then it becomes 250 a month