GM $3,000 competitive lease cash

All the best…these deals are so insane I almost wish I needed another car.

PS: Do all negotiations over email. Don’t go in until you have an agreement in email specifying at least the monthly and due at signing, if not the entire breakdown. Where are you located?

I’m in MA. The dealer I am visiting quoted me a dealer discount of 15% before any incentives on a Volt. The same dealer, according to other forums, sold a Volt with about a 15% dealer discount plus rebates in January so it sounds pretty legit.

no, colorado. we don’t get that extra rebate for EV’s like you :frowning:

The quote I got for the $92.xx/month was supposed to be with the $600 in taxes rolled into the lease. The finance guy said he forgot to roll the $600 in rebates into that quote, but he will still honor the payment and I don’t have to pay the $600 upfront.

Because of him forgetting this, that is why he says the single pay lease is about $180 higher than just paying monthly.

Do you think these numbers add up or is he messing with me?

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been doing. Also, I’ve gotten my quote already - see above.

That sounds a little off. I wonder what the “600 in rebates” actually is. I didn’t realize you were in a state where they charged taxes up front, so that is why our numbers were a little off. The single pay lease should never bee more expensive that the monthly so he would have to calculate the new single pay with the “600 in rebates” rolled in. It seems like you got a pretty good deal so it is up to you if you want to keep at it haha. 92 dollars a month on a 26k car with everything rolled in is a pretty awesome deal already.

Yeah, we have to pay taxes on rebates upfront, so 7.65% of 7k in rebates is about $535.00 Taxes on the car go through the monthly payment. I know this is a good deal - but how can he mess that up? Does the dealer not make as much money if I choose single pay? I just asked another dealer to give me all the rebates with a single pay lease, so we’ll see what happens…

1 Like

The dealer makes their money on the selling price of the car before the rebates. They can make more money if someone doesn’t know about the rebates and could essentially pocket the rebates. I doubt they make less money off of single pay (they might even make more if they upcharge the MF on you).

I am currently negotiating between a Cruze LT and Cruze Premier in the Phoenix area. Focusing on the Premier if I can get the price right, but I’ve seen crazy low LT deals I might have to go that route instead. Does anyone have numbers or rebates I should be shooting for? Of course when I ask the dealer, they wont admit to all available. I think I may have missed incentives available to me. That deal doesn’t look so hot. It is a 17 Cruze Premier.

Any suggestions or changes I should submit? I’m thinking of submitting to 3 different dealer internet departments. I have Tier 1 credit.

This is what I have so far:

24/10K: 67% RV, .00056 MF (See below)
All: $1,075 CCR + $750 Incremental CCR
Targeted: $3,000 Select Conquest Rebate
MSRP: $27,000
Sales Price: $24,300
Taxed Incentives: $4,825
MF with Acquisition Fee waiver and One-Pay Lease: .00056
Doc Fee: $389
License/Registration: $419.38

Drive off is $3,281
Total one-pay lease payment: $2,045
Registration and doc fee: $808.38
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $428

You’re missing bonus tag…

Just FYI, people may already know this, or even have a better way to do this, but I found this method to track down a car with a bonus tag:

1. Go to to Chevrolet website. 2) Pick Vehicles at the very top, then select your vehicle (ie. Sedan, then Cruze, then 2017). 3) Under the picture of the car, click search inventory (sometimes it asks for a zip code, sometimes it says view inventory). 4), you can update the zip code in the box at the top right and hit update. 5) You can narrow down your selection (optional). 6) Keep hitting the more results button at the bottom, until it disappears. Cars with a Bonus tag will have an orange flag on it (roughly left of center) that says bonus tag.

I also found it useful to change zip codes to the exact dealer’s zip. It seems to limit the display to some number of cars, so it may not show a full dealer’s inventory if they’re second or third on the list. I put in 5 zip codes, mine + 20 miles N,S,E,W of me. Only the dealerships N &S of me had cars with a bonus tag, so the first time I looked I didn’t see the orange flag.

1 Like

Awesome info @hangman !

A local dealership just told me that the bonus tag isn’t the same for leases as it is for purchased cars. I don’t know if they mean its not the same amount or they’re different cars.

Can anyone confirm or is the dealership wrong/messing with me?

Different amount…

If that’s the case, why is it listed as $1500 under the post? It also looks like T5 up above got $1500.

I’ve edited my original post. The value I posted was for the Volt. Seems like it is $1500 on a Cruze lease.

Yeah they told me the same thing about the bonus tag, They told me it was $750 on a lease. But I don’t know if they were messing with me, or if it’s regional. On the Chevy website when you look at the bonus tag it says “*Not available with special finance, lease or other offers.” Their argument was that it was a special lease offer. I had a hard time convincing dealerships to stack offers too. They seem to be very lacking on knowledge on what the incentives even were (or playing dumb and trying to claim those incentives for themselves).

Yeah, I just sent them a list of rebates someone up top got and they seemed really surprised. One dealership only offered $225 in lease cash on top of the $3k and another offered that plus $1000 lease cash. This is after telling me it was a bonus tag.

What was the Bonus Cash value for a Volt Lease?