GM $3,000 competitive lease cash

I liked it but since my wife would be the one driving it, she had the last call. She wants to get into a more “funky” car. In my opinion, it drove well and was relatively comfortable. When I factored in the 2500 MA gives you for owning one, it was a no brainer. If it was up to me, I would’ve signed on the spot for the deal but you have to keep your wife happy haha.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the $750 Select Model CCR is available in Massachusetts? A couple dealers have told me they are not seeing that amount. They only see the 1225 in lease cash and the Asian Conquest. Also, is the Bonus Tag worth 1000 or 1500 on a Cruze in MA (zip code 02119)?

So I got this for the dealer today:

Equinox LS
MSRP: $26,540
Price: $24,800
Rebate: -$7,700
Price: $17,100!

Money Factor: 0.00092
Residual Value: $17,516

Payment: $99 plus county tax.
Down payment: $0

Not sure how they got the $99. I’m still aiming for under $50. Thoughts?

I’m in FL so I know we have high dealer fees so I’m going to ask him to clarify further.

Lol. If price is 17,100 and residual is 17516, then it is true GM is paying you to lease their cars!! Can bankruptcy be far away?

That’s what I was thinking! So when I email this guy back, how can I word that without sounding crazy lol!

Tell him it’s a nice deal and you like the car but if they give you a further discount on the car equal to 50% of the doc fee, you will sign.

@MeloTheMonster talk to @little and see if you guys can negotiate together for two cars.

If you could swing a one pay lease, you can get rid of the 595 acq fee.

I asked for further break down. I’m in FL so I know the dealer fees are usually between $800-$1000, this dealer is $499.

Using the calculator here, if I roll the dealer fee into the payments, I get about $75 a month. so still not sure how he’s getting $99. I’ve asked for a full breakdown.

Let’s see what happens!

I like this. I’ll try it.

The net saving may be less than $595 as amount financed may become negative

1 Like

Good point! I have to keep that in mind as I try to get these dealers in MA to budge.

When I did my Equinox deal, the paperwork wouldn’t go through with GM financial with the adjusted cap cost being below the residual.

They had to raise the price of the car so that it ended up being 70 cents more than the residual, and gave me a service and parts credit of around $100 to cover the difference.

2 Likes

Seems like this dealer is not keen on providing a breakdown, just keen to sell that $2400 over 2 years is a great deal. Which it is, but I know it can be much better.

Which dealer are you going through?

I’m also at times in the camp where deals are good enough that if you don’t take it, someone else will. Don’t forget that part. :wink:

HK

1 Like

So I have to add $993 to the cap cost for “inceptions”.

That’s $499 dealer fee, plus "first payment, tag and title fees and all the small government fees such as battery and tire waste fees, lemon law ect… ".

Should all of that that really add up to $494???

Still not showing me the breakdown.

This deal being offered is in line with the others on this forum.

My Equinox is around $70 a month when you divide the one payment by the 24 month lease term. You will not get lower than that since then the residual would be more than the adjusted capital cost.

If you want a $50 a month lease, you can look at the Trax which is a less expensive vehicle but with the MSRP of the Equinox what it is and the rebates being offered a $1,700 one payment is what you should aim for if your market allows the full $7700 which the deal @little posted seems to do unless there are some surprise fees (high document for example).

Snap it up if you want it since the bonus tags won’t hang around.

First payment, tag and title and taxes you won’t get away from, but the dealer fee here stinks. Is that essentially their ‘document processing’ fee?

Does that $993 include the acquisition?

I’m able to concur with this statement for other conquest leases. We have 2+ years on a BMW lease and got the $1500 conquest cash in February after they had thought as well it had to be up in one year until they read the real fine print.

1 Like