GM $3,000 competitive lease cash

Thanks @baggy! I am going to aim for the same deal but with a 24/10k lease. That might close the gap a little for not having the Farm Bureau.

Niceā€¦ Good luck and post details when you get it !

I got a Chevy Trax in FL on Saturday and my total incentives were $7075. My total monthly ended up $55 with $750 driveoff for taxes, registration first payment etc. I know I couldā€™ve gotten it cheaper but I just wanted to be around $50.

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome! Did you post the details somewhere already?

I will post a copy of the contract later tonight.

not necessarily for luxury brands. just any other brand that doesnā€™t get the 3k for Asian lease.

All bonus tag vehicles are bing reloaded on the 15th. we expect them to sell out fast.
Equinox, cruze, trax one payment upfront for under $2,000!
10k/24

post the listing for the cars if you can

They wont be selected until tomorrow, then I will have the specifics. But they will sell fast so iā€™m just planting the seed to let everyone know. Traditionally LeaseHackr customers donā€™t jump and run quickly, but a lot of people missed it so Iā€™m getting a lot of responses getting ready for the Reload.

West herr chevy dealer in WNY

1 Like

@ChevyPhil Can the competitive lease cash be applied to buying instead of leasing? How about from pre-owned inventory?

it is only for lease and only for new vehicles.

1 Like

Can a $2500 Chevrolet Select Model Retired Courtesy Transportation Bonus Cash be used on a lease or is this only valid on purchases. Will Chevy lease an ex Courtesy car like BMW will?

I just penned my deal tonight before they started tagging the next batch of vehicles. I got a Cruz LT with convenience package for 79/month for 24 months with 12k/year (2k/year more than the normal lease), 0 drive off and monthly payments include all taxes on lease payments and rebates. I qualified for the asian conquest and, thanks to this site, knew about and pushed for all available rebates on top of a bonus tag. This took a fair amount of work.

I could have done even better than this, but the dealership had no clue how to do a one pay lease. In the end, I was too tired to haggle it even more, as I had already spent a large amount of time getting them to this point.

After doing paperwork, the finance guy actually asked me ā€˜How in the hell did you get this payment?ā€™ I told him that I did my homework and I shopped around intelligently. I canā€™t say they were very happy to have my business, but he definitely respected my position.

A word of advice for people still looking: Although the end of the month might be a great time to get a deal, these things are flying off the shelves with these rebates. If you are looking for something in particular (color, packages, etc), start searching around tomorrow and Wednesday and focus on bonus tagged vehicles. Do all negotiations over email and make sure that you know the MF of what they are quoting. I had two instances of dealers blatantly marking up the MF and two that were completely honest. If you donā€™t the know the MF in your area, check on this site or over at the Edmunds forums. There are some fantastically helpful people in both places.

Which leads me to my last point: Thank you, Hackrs, for all the information and advice. These forums are indispensable and you truly helped me learn how to do this.

3 Likes

Went into a dealer to try to finish up a Volt Premier deal. All numbers looked good but got stuck on my trade. They only offered 50% of the lowest estimate on every major website and they wouldnā€™t budge on it at all. Time to check another dealer out. I might try for a LT trim instead and get a lower payment. The deal I had negotiated before the trade was 11% off MSRP plus all the rebates and tag.

It might just be better to sell the car privately but it is something Iā€™d rather avoid.

Since another thread had indicated thereā€™s a fine print gotcha where your Asian lease has to end in the next year, can people who successfully used the $3k competitive lease post here if this wasnā€™t true of your lease?

Ie, let us know if you used the $3k incentive but your lease ended sometime later than a year from now. (Part of me wonders if this catch is true why it wouldnā€™t have come up already given the large number of deals posted so far on here)

HK

Yeah idk Iā€™ve gotten some good numbers through email and none ask when itā€™s up. If I come to terms through email maybe theyā€™ll be inclined to honor it anyway, so Iā€™m just playing it dumb.

Sell your car to carmax. They pay cash on the spot.

^ This. Their appraisal is good for 7 days too, if I recall. So you can get it appraised first and think it over.

Since the car is from 2008, Iā€™m not sure if Carmax would but it. All the major sites had a trade in range of 4k-5.5k. The car is in pretty good shape but they only offered 2k. They even admitted to probably making at least 500 at auction and then whoever buys it could list it for 5k. I wasnā€™t happy with that offer. I understand theyā€™ll try to beat you on a trade but thatā€™s a little too much haha.