Chevrolet Bonus Tag Leases

between the two, yeah, go for costco, because you get the costco cash back.

1 Like

we just got one LT bolt with dc1 and cc. iā€™ll be out for the next day and a half. please text if you have any questions in the meantime, iā€™ll try to respond via here too.

2018 canā€™t be sold below supplier and get Costco. Unless the dealer is just willing to eat the loss for not selling at supplier and still delivering your vehicle with the appropriate vincentive

Hey there, Im in LA and looking to get a 2017 Suburban LTz or LT2? Or maybe Premier.

What are the rebates, and comp lease, or Costco pricing.

Looking for a deal this maybe this month.

Thanks,

Jay

Text 9097813640, say youā€™re from Leasehackr

1 Like

Making predictions is always a good business, been able to laugh at your own predictions - priceless :wink:

1 Like

A general question, Iā€™m not sure if it belongs here per se, but on these zero drive off quotes, dealer coupons are being used, in addition to the current manufacturer rebates and lease conquest if applicable, correct? Is there any additional reduction off of MSRP that is NOT being covered by a dealer coupon or the manufacturer? Iā€™m trying to get a picture of whatā€™s generally possible, how far a dealer will go below MSRP BEFORE applying incentives and coupons, if at all.

Of course there is a dealer discount. No one pays MSRP on here.

1 Like

I figured that, but Iā€™m just trying to make complete sense of how the discount is reached. Some dealers do like to play dumb afterall. One of my current vehicles is due for an oil change over Columbus day weekend, so I was considering asking about a 2017 Traverse. Doing the math it doesnā€™t seem like Iā€™m crazy in thinking I can make a deal, but it would require the dealer actually going out of pocket instead of just using available rebates and coupons.

to give you an exampleā€¦

a bolt LT msrp 38245 with just MSRP and standard incentives $406 with zero driveoffs.
my positive front end pack is $1200 between invoice and MSRP.

I discount the car $4,200 on the same MSRP and standard incentives zero driveoff is now $266.
my front end is now negative $3,000.

nowā€¦ depending on the brand and model of literally every car, itā€™s different. thatā€™s why my Volt discount is different from my Bolt EV discount. personally, i sell based on the car and negative line. but the gap between cost/invoice and MSRP is different on every single car youā€™ll look at. and every single dealership and salesperson is going to sell it differently.

just like on the chevy cruze, thereā€™s only $400 front end. i discount the car 2400 and iā€™m already -2k which is the max my bosses let me go on cruzeā€™s.

then again it depends on the salesperson. if i sell a car with $1000 front end, i get paid 25% or $250. if i discount it to move it, i get a flat mini. so iā€™m losing $100 per car that I do that which is why I have to sell a ton of cars to make up the same difference as selling a few cars at sticker because for every 10 cars car i sell on discount (which is all of them), iā€™m losing $1000/month.

2 Likes

I suspect that there is more to this story here.

That $2k loss on the Cruze and the $3k loss on the Bolt-LT has to come from somewhere. The dealership must be getting some unit volume money or additional allocation of profitable trucks/SUVs or something to justify those losses.

Why else would they do these deals ?

because as a store you have to sell so many units per the brand per the region. in my case, i am the only one at my store that sells car this way and at this volume. everyone else works the deals as a normal walk-in.

ever wonder why some dealer was ā€œmikeā€™s chevroletā€ and the next time you drive by its ā€œaaronā€™s chevroletā€? well mike didnā€™t hit his objective and he is no longer allowed to own a store. now itā€™s aaronā€™s turn.

1 Like

thatā€™s kind of like asking how can a grocery store have coupons or freebies? if you sell 10,000 boxes cereal at normal price, you can take the hit on a free box or bogo.

iā€™m just the coupon lady for chevrolet, essentially.

3 Likes

What I am hearing from you is that your loss leader deals are the cost of doing business with Chevrolet. I hear what you are saying, Still, I have to wonder if there is money in these deals that you may not be aware of.

We appreciate this valuable service you provide.

i discount cars as much as i can before my boss says no. thatā€™s based on how aggressive the store is and the region in which youā€™re selling. so in socal, i got a chevy dealer every 4 miles, so i just go as low as i can first. whereas in arizona, they donā€™t discount shit.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation! Just so Iā€™m clear though, that hit you are taking on the car comes before incentives, and before any dealer coupons, IVC, etc? Itā€™s just a straight up price cut that your boss is willing to eat to move the car and get the rebates and any performance incentives that might be on the table in a given month?

yes. so my dealer discount is the same every month. only rebates and such change.

so the bosses want to get a big start to the month. so if i quoted you something last month and rebates changed, i can try to match it this month.

I live in FL. If I lease from you can we fedex the docs and Iā€™ll fly there and drive it back? Looking for a Silverado 1500 4x4 either 24/12k or 36/12k. Crew cab. Well equipped with leather. Preferably a light colored interior (itā€™s hot as hell here). Iā€™m in tampa and these dealers are a nightmare to deal with.

Also curious about that. I see all these great deals from ā€œchevysalesgirlā€ (local dealers here in MN canā€™t come close). Always up for a road trip. I bet if you guys were to toss in say ā€œup to a 1000 extra lease milesā€ for your out of state buyers based on home address, you would probably have to start a shuttle service from the airport with all the people flying in.