Total Due At Signing: [$2,950]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$240]

Zip Code: [91423]
Sales Tax Rate: [8.75%]

Don’t know more details, but this is a trusted dealer here in Los Angeles

Advertisement posted below:

better deal 36Mo/10K Mile Bolt for $149 a month with $3400 down + tax/fees

1 Like

Not bad at all. Same Rydell had it at 419 with 3-4k down in January I believe lol :slight_smile:
Now who will lease this knowing that it be sub 200 in a few months?

1 Like

Sub 200 because they’re leasing so poorly now?

Econoboxes/Compacts/sub compacts/cars are not exactly the hottest selling segment. Just poor timing and marketing from Chevy…

If they drop the price around 5k, pass on the 7.5k federal credit for a lease and with the 2.5k state incentive, it might be spur some more sales. Unfortunately the “enthusiasts” like Woz and bro who bought for full MSRP already bought them and no-one in that category is left …

And fix the front seats. I did the “we bring it to you” 30 minute test drive of a Bolt and the seats were very uncomfortable after that long in the car. I was hoping all the comments on the internet about it were embellished because I was figuring these would be down to $199 a month by the time my current lease was up in September. But they really are very poor seats.

3 Likes

Especially since there are rumored to be two more 200-mile EVs (Leaf and Focus), bringing the total to four by Christmas

exciting times!

Still waiting (5+ years) for GM to put the VOLTEC powertrain or the Bolt powertrain into a CUV. Why they continue to only offer in sedans is beyond me. The CUV segment is growing like crazy, no one buys sedans anymore.

Maybe they are afraid of killing their cash cow CUV/SUV’s and all the $$ they get on service??

1 Like

Get in on the Tesla Model Y wait list as soon as it gets announced. :slight_smile: Not sure how good it will be and/or how affordable, but they’re saying by 2019 it should be out. That would be a lot less than the 5+ years you’re expecting. :slight_smile:

I hope that’s true! More competition = good! Maybe they’ll consider redesigning the leaf considerably? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been waiting since I had my first Volt (5+ years). I’m doubtful Tesla can even get the Model 3 out in decent numbers by 2019 let alone the Y. Besides, didn’t Elon say they were staying with the stupid X-Wing doors?? That’s a non starter for me as it loses all the Utility part IMO.

yea, I’m really skeptical about that 2019 estimate also, but Musk continuously sticks to that time frame. I guess we’ll see how the Model 3 rollout turns out. As for the Model X type wing doors, I absolutely can’t imagine an affordable compact SUV will be able to have those. The cost just wouldn’t make sense.

A couple weeks ago Tesla released a teaser image (https://electrek.co/2017/06/06/tesla-model-y-teaser/). Doesn’t really give anything away, but at least you can get a general idea of what it’ll look like. Musk has also said the Model Y won’t be based on the Model 3 platform.

EDIT: Ah, I just found what you were referring to! https://electrek.co/2015/10/03/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-tweetstorms-model-x-details-and-upcoming-model-y-vehicle-w-s-3-x-y-falcon-wing-doors/

Still very skeptical about the falcon wing doors. That tweet was all the way back in 2015 so I’m guessing the Model Y has had significant redesigns since then. Also musk has since deleted that post.

Tesla Model 3 will be available soon as long as you are not fussy about colors and options (2 exterior colors and black interior at launch according to insideevs.com).

Update: Fine print

My participating dealer said they can match this deal, so going to try guess the missing figures to plug into the calculator:

Update 2:
I got as close as I could trying to back into it with the calculator:

Update 3:
Oh my gosh y’all, seat-gate is real–I thought people were overreacting, but the driver’s seat of this otherwise great car is a dealbreaker. It’s that uncomfortable. Wow.

I still don’t understand why car companies still think they can do the early adopter marketing strategy. They should have offered the full federal rebate in the first place and offered nationwide and then they would have got the kind of sale numbers that would have taken a lot of the tesla 3 market.

Sub 200 zero down lease would be interesting.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately the seat problem is real. I wanted to like the car but the seat was painful for me after 20 minutes. What is amazing to me is that none of the professional reviews I’ve seen mention the seat comfort. Perhaps Chevy stuffed enough cash into their wallets and it cushioned things for the reviewers.

It is the Motor Trend car of the year provided you never actually have to sit in it…

1 Like

Oddly for some people it doesn’t bother them. I wonder what kind of seat cushions people are using?

The anecdotal data is that some seats are better than others. There are stories of people sitting in dozens of cars to find one they like. There is a thread on one of the Bolt forums detailing all the after-market solutions people have tried. One gentleman took his car into a shop that tore the seats down and rebuilt the cushions.

Basically it is just a seat so you can work around the problem with cushions if you really like the car. I’m not willing to do that but other folks might be. At the right price the car is a very good one and other than the seats I’m not hearing a lot of buzz about other problems.

I’d like to think Chevy will roll out improved seats next model year without any fanfare so they don’t have to admit that the original seats were crap.

Not sure if this is the one you referenced, but here is a 26(!)-page thread about it:

http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/162-chevy-bolt-ev-likes-dislikes/6506-front-seats-ouch.html

So obviously you guys know the 2018 Bolt will be releasing soon, hopefully with new seats. Which means, deals on the 2017 Bolts will start to come in :grin: