Cheapest Lease for a temporary car? 24 or 36 Months

Hey guys, probably an over asked question but can’t really find a concrete answer. What cars should I look for that lease the better? I know 4XE leases really good but it’s still kinda expensive.

I currently own a modded tacoma 2003 that I never plan on selling, but I need a new car for daily driving since I have new stuff that will require more driving from me. The Tacoma is slow, harsh, bumpy, and a fuel chugger.

Should I look to finance or lease on the current market? A cheap lease (any car really will be more comfortable than my Tacoma) seems ideal in my scenario, but what cars should I look for?

In 2-3 years I should be ready to buy the car that I really want, but in the meantime a lower payment makes more sense with all the financial moves that I am dealing with.

Cheapest is to keep driving what you have. Fuel prices will not exceed any lease/purchase price + insurance. Nissan frontier and maybe 4xe. Most other cars will be pricey nowadays. Maybe fine a corolla hybrid. However to spend close 30k all in to save on gas makes no sense.

Nissan Frontier 4x4, 18 month lease. But it still going to run you $400/month

There have been some inexpensive nissan leaf leases that pop up occasionally

1 Like

And it will be only slightly better on gas than his Tacoma.

1 Like

Buy a <$5,000 Corolla or Camry as discussed here.

1 Like

yeah well, I know that it will be more expensive than driving what I have, but I want the comfort. I’m not looking to offset costs by saving fuel. I’m just looking for the cheapest new car for the next 2-3 years.

getting 12 mpg in my Tacoma :clown_face:

1 Like

That’s a great thread, tysm!

Depending on your state rebate eligibility: Leaf, one of the Kia EVs that isn’t an EV6, possibly a ‘23 Bolt

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.