Cheap Kia Stingers are on the way

I think he/she is intending to buy out the vehicle after 2 months…so while he/she is leasing it at this moment, the intention is to take advantage of the lease incentive to reduce the sale price and then ultimately buying the car out after a few months.

Hmm. Well, that’s what I heard from Kia, but when I tried to suggest a similar thing on another thread here, people said that Kia is uncommon, and with MOST leases, you owe the entire interest regardless of when you pay it off.

Ha! Hellcats are great but completely impractical for me. I stopped drag racing other people 35 years ago in high school and needed something with 4 doors and AWD as the winters in WI are brutal. As already posted, I leased only with the intention of purchasing, which I will do this month for 39K. Yes, leasing at $591 is a shitty deal, buying for 14K off of MSRP is a great deal.

what ever happened to this sick deal???

I’m waiting for my Chevy Volt lease to be over on 2/19, so I can pick up one of these Stinger GT2 deals…hope there are good deals soon! I heard the lease cash is a bit higher than few months ago and I’m sure most dealerships are trying to get rid of 2018 since the 2019 are out!

I would pay the extra $ to get the 2019 for the extra features tbh.

Which features?

what are the different features from the '18 to the '19. And what ever happened to that guy getting the '18 Stinger GT for $350/month w/$0 DAS? It was from the Honcker App. That car is SICK. That deal has got to be an error. Especially in Yellow. I know that the majority of people don’t like yellow, but the yellow Stinger is/was a limited edition from what I was told by the dealer. How could he get it at $350 and not buy TWO!

Because the yellow peels off in sheets!

1 Like

It’s so sick the sheet metal vomits the yellow paint…

Read up on it, they’re having to respray all of the yellow, and I think some of the others.

1 Like

Okay forget the color, what happened to the deal??? 350/month, $0 DAS for a Stinger GT

1 Like

Message @Ying_Huang and see how it worked out. Hopefully it wasn’t a yellow GT he got.

Still trying to sell my yellow Stinger GT back to kia for the paint issue… Haha.

Honestly, the RV and MF if so piss poor that it makes no sense to continue leasing the stinger. If I had the money, I would have bought the lease out after getting the lease cash on it as so many others had done.

Most of 2018 add ons / safety features,etc. have become standard in 2019 model.

For example: 2019 GT2 now gets wireless charging, heated rear seats, and 360 surround camera except just rear camera.

What’s new for the 2019 model year:

Stinger:

Included 18-inch machined finish wheels as standard equipment
Standard Blind Spot Collision Warning and Rear Cross Traffic Collision Warning
Sun & Sound package, includes sunroof, Harman/Kardon premium audio, 8-inch touchscreen navigation, LED headlamps

Premium & GT1:

Standard full suite of ADAS features, in addition to wireless charging and front ventilated seats

GT:

Mechanical limited slip differential added to all rear-wheel drive trims

GT2:

Surround View Monitor
Heated rear seats

Source: https://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/models/stinger/2019/whatsnew#stinger

read my response below to @planelove.

The wireless charging, 360 camera already wants me to pick the 2019 over 2018. Unless the dealers are giving a hell of a deal to get rid of 2018.

What sucks is that they’re charging extra $ for exterior colors like White, Red, Silver.
Black, Blue, and Panthera Metal which is included with base price. (panthera metal was actually a 2018 color)

Hardly seems like big changes worth waiting for? reminds me of:

tumblr_mxvvoz1xnh1qz7kjgo1_500

What’s a reasonable ask for dealer discount off MSRP before rebates/incentives for the 2018 Stingers? In Northern NJ there are 20+ dealers within 50 miles and many of them have a substantial number of 2018 Premium AWDs sitting on the lots. November incentives on the 2018 Premium AWD include $7600 lease cash + possibly $1k bonus cash for the AWD with a pretty miserable 0.00194 MF and unfortunate 45% RV (12k).

15% off MSRP pre-incentives would be around $375-400/month zero drive-off.

The 2019 Stinger Premium AWD, with the changes mentioned in posts above, has $6300 lease cash, possible $1k bonus cash for AWD, similar MF, and improved RV (50%, 12k). Given the quantity on-lot, some very recent bad news coverage (bumper fires?), and 2019s showing up at dealerships, is 20% off MSRP on the 2018 Premium out of the question? If so, I can just wait and see what December looks like for the 2019s!

That’s odd…When you build the exact same package from 2018 and 2019, for some reason the 2018 cost more lol. I think the 2019 is a better value than 2018 based on MSRP. I Hope the dealerships are giving a huge discount off 2018 models over 2019 because on a regular GT, it was $1,400+ more on a 2018 than a 2019 with matching specs.

Is it me or did they eliminate the ability to get HiChroma Red with a red interior? The last time I configured a 2019 GT2 on the site, it didn’t let me do it.