Carvana offered $2.2K more than Carmax! Without a physical inspection - Can this be true?

Have you searched this site? There was a topic on this literally yesterday.

2 Likes

Search is your friend…

It’s funny how things like that work. I see it happen very often, law of attraction? I dunno…

I had never heard of Carvana till yesterday, and then I see this post.

Yeah, saw it, no mention of a transaction taking place.

I sold a car to vroom.com before and the process was really easy. Wasn’t a lease but it was a car with a loan. THey paid the loan off and wired me the remaining balance. I’m sure carvana is the same

Yes there was…

Oh nice! 202020202020202020

Geezus, OP doesn’t search or read. That topic was linked in the search topic that you referenced. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Noob move… but I didn’t think the flaming would be this bad…
You guys are harsh - but definitely helpful!

2 Likes

[ Duplicate ] 202020202020200202

Thanks ,that’s what I thought, Over the phone they told me that they would match the price quote. But my gut feeling told me otherwise and you just confirmed it. So Carvana it is.

Was the final price they gave you same as the quote that you received from the website?

I helped a friend in the hospital sell her car and Vroom offered significantly more than Carvana. No problems - completely easy, they paid off her loan and deposited the balance in her account the same day as they picked up the car. Amazing.

I got an appraisal from Carmax and they came in at $15,000. I went online and got a quote from Vroom and they were at $16000. When I went to the dealer, they matched the Vroom offer without even asking to see it. I was pleased since I didn’t have to screw around and just traded on site.

1 Like

I have never gotten a ‘serious’ offer from Carmax through the years. They can suckit.

Carmax has been hit or miss for me. They gave the highest offer on my 2018 S90 (which I accepted), an ok offer on my 2017 Expedition - just above KBB trade-in but higher than Carvana or Vroom (which I declined and sold privately for $5k more), but some crap offers on older vehicles they were definitely going to auction.

I thought Carvana do not take cars with prior accidents.

I’m not sure, I answered the question honestly and they made an offer.

Knowing they are perhaps overpaying for inventory and not being too picky about accidents how likely are you to buy a used car from Carvana?

1 Like

The presence of the accident should be verifiable via Carfax/Autocheck (and if its not then I’m not sure another dealer would advertise it as wrecked either). My concern with Carvana is the same as it is with Carmax, higher than market purchase prices.