Carmax - still doing lease payoffs?

Does anyone know if Carmax is still buying leased vehicles and doing the payoff for Subarus? A friend told me today that they were not anymore - so getting conflicting information.
Any help would be appreciated.

They aren’t for a LOT of cars, but Subaru was still on the good list. Something change?

This is the last update of The Sign that I am aware of

Carmax also isn’t the only game in town

1 Like

Subaru hasn’t placed any restrictions. you should be good. only certain manufactures have a restriction.

Thank you!

I just used Carmax to buy out my 2020 Lexus NX300 Lease. My payoff was $26400, and Carmax’s online appraisal gave me $36000 so they cut me a check for about $9600!! The transaction couldn’t have been easier, scheduled an appointment, met with the appraiser who checked the car and spoke w/ the Toyota Lease company and that’s it. Also sometimes it pays to wait because I checked last month and it was appraised at $34400 so the prices do fluctuate. Also I thought that I would have gotten a bit less because there were a few light scratches and dings, but I didn’t get penalized for them. I also tried Carvana and Vroom but they didn’t even come close to matching Carmax.

No need to bump or cross-post the same thing on multiple Carmax threads.