Carjojo - Dealership Exclusion?

I was looking for a particular vehicle on Carjojo today to see how long it’s been on the lot. Lo and behold, I couldn’t find it. So I tried to find it by searching for all of those models within a 100 mile radius (34 Results), and then searching through the VIN’s to pinpoint the car I was looking for… No dice.

So then I thought, Carjojo isn’t returning any results for this local dealer… and I tried to find other vehicles from their inventory. I got nothing…

So, I’m wondering if Carjojo is a service that a dealership can opt-out from? As it appears this dealer has done, as NONE of their inventory seems to be available on the site.

Anyone know if this is true?

can only confirm that this happened to me also. Certain dealer inventories not available at carjojo. have to go by VIN sequencing to estimate time on lot

1 Like

So… comparing the VIN of the vehicle in question to other vehicles available on Carjojo, and estimating it’s date on lot based on those available from other dealers and where the number falls in sequence to those? I hadn’t thought of that… thanks!

I’m Confused as to why two private parties would be required to transact with each other and then opt out.

I would think dealers decide to opt IN rather than the other way around.

Very well could be…

But I used to work for a tech company that scraped in data available on a plethora of different websites and presented it back to the user in a format easy to consume. Carjojo does the same… it’s just pulling in data which is publicly available online and presenting it back to the user in the format they desire. So opt-out would be the most likely position any dealer could take, as the information is publicly available. Therefore an opt-in isn’t required.

1 Like

You could just google the vin and see what you find. It’ll probably show the date of the first listing on the dealer’s website which gives you a pretty good estimate of how long it’s been there.

1 Like

I feel like they’ve been slacking big time lately. That site was clutch back in February when I was looking to stack rebates, but now virtually nothing shows up in their rebate section on GM cars. I wonder what happened?

1 Like

Yeah I don’t see any rebates. I was wondering if I have been looking in the wrong spot.

Agree, they were great for deciding purchase vs lease rebates up until March, then it’s like they stopped receiving rebate data feeds.

1 Like

Their support/social media presence leaves a lot to be desired too. I sent messages through both channels mentioning these issues and never got a response.