Care by Volvo - $600/mo XC40 15k/24m

Did anyone get their car through Care by Volvo yet?

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah ā€“ I read thisā€¦ Volvo is having some trouble with the state governments regarding insurance and dealers wanting a bigger piece of the pie.

Did we read the same article? The main issue seems to be insurance, not what you mentioned.

1 Like

good looking car ā€“ rides a bit stiff

Iā€™m in Socal in a 43k Volvo with excess wear and tear for $284 a month (tax incl.) With my signing rolled in, it comes to $309.

Insurance is expensive for a 19 year old at $160/mo.

All in, Iā€™m at $469/mo and I am by no means an expert at lease wrangling.

I would steer clear of this. Volvo seems to be taking every possible angle to combat their terrible RVs. Always remember to break down the numbers! Happy hunting :slight_smile:

It all depends on your insurance rate. I pay $350/mo for full coverage in nyc. No accidents. Its just NYC everything costs more!!

1 Like

Woah. Thatā€™s incredible! Being a 19 year old male with a speeding ticket and accident I thought I had the ā€œworst fileā€ in insurance. My heart goes out to you!

1 Like

How in the world did you get 309 on a XC40?

1 Like

He said a $43k Volvo, not an XC40. :laughing:

Edited: itā€™s a 2017 S60.

1 Like

If you assume insurance on an xc40 is $150ish a month, then $450 for a 24/15 on an xc40 at this point probably isnā€™t too far off what a good deal would be if you got it through a normal lease. Once the car has been out for a while though, that probably wonā€™t be quite the case.

$350/mo for insurance? Thats a lease payment. Something is wrong here.

Man ā€“ I tried to reason with Progressive. My zip code 11235 is just bonkers expensive. Can I use a different zip for primary location of vehicle ā€“ just looking for a legal way to avoid paying usurious insurance.

not if thatā€™s your zip codeā€¦ you Can, however, use a different insurance company!

And you can increase your deductibles from 500 to 2k and decline the other optionals such as rental car reimbursement to make the premium skinnierā€¦

1 Like

I thought I was getting robbed at $185/mo at my old insurer for my 2014 escape (22 yo, SoCal). 350/mo sounds like a drunk drivers rate in comparison. Yā€™all might wanna switch to Geico or something, I just happened to be in the ā€œmoreā€ part of the ā€œ15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insuranceā€

After I switched, I was down to $96/mo for that car. My current 2017 Cadenza is only costing me $116/mo for insurance.

But this volvo care thing sounds like a rip off in my case. I canā€™t imagine my insurance would go up to more than $130/mo for the XC40. So I would be looking at $470/mo for a 24/15k, which doesnā€™t sound too hard to beat with any real negotiation. Maybe if they let you choose lower miles for a lower rate, I would reconsider it.

Only if you have another address to register the vehicleā€¦

If you want send a screenshot of your policy coverage. There is something in there ripping you off unless youā€™ve had multiple license suspensions and perhaps a DUI? Thats a total rip off for insurance.

What vhooloo said also can make a big difference, Increase those deductibles. Most body shops on major work will eat the deductible somehow anyway.

I understand people wanting to save money when they are young, but as you get older and have more assets. Do yourself a favor and get in a first tier company so you donā€™t have to battle them for payouts

I think the subscription plan is a good deal for some. The Momentum Subscription is MSRP$41,640. The conventional 36 month lease with zero down and 15K a year would be $537/month in my state. The 24 month would be $737. I live in Michigan where the rates are SKY HIGH, but fortunately, I live in a rural area and would pay $1200 per year for insurance which is not too bad. The subscription rate would be $636/month with insurance included. Based on those numbers, it is a wash BUT I want a 24 month lease with zero down and it includes maintenance and wear and tear.

I placed an order last week and was told it would be 3 months. However, recent articles do suggest there are already some major problems. I can wait four months, but after that, I will cancel and find something else.

The subscription is a steal if you live in an expensive metro are with high insurance rates. My friend lives in Philly and pays almost 3K per year for insurance. As others have said, if you have very low rates, the deal is not so attractive. As always, it depends on where you live, your circumstances and your preferences.

I have driven the car and love everything about it. The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. It is a polarizing vehicle, but to each his/her own!

1 Like

Insurance is the deciding factor. Car is good however not as refined as the xc60