Car Shipping Companies

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone can recommend any solid car transportation companies they know about or have used in the past?

Looking to get a car shipped from Kansas to NYC.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Shipping companies?

Hi. I wanted to buy a Chevy Camaro. Now I have the opportunity to buy it. This is Camaro 2012. I found the car in Henderson, Nevada, but the car’s not moving, and I need to use enclosed car shipping companies to get him to Los-Angeles. Maybe someone knows a good enclosed car shipping company?

1 Like

Last month I used a car shipping service, and I can tell you that there is a lot of information about this topic on the Internet. Heres an article about [enclosed car shipping](https://movewheels.com/blog-post/top-enclosed-car-shipping-companies/). I advise you, dont greedy and be quick to don`t agree to the cheap offers. To avoid unnecessary problems better to pay a little more and be sure that your car is safe. In addition, if you hire a private carrier, you can check his FMCSA license.

Thanks for your help, I’ll read your article, see if I can find what I need.

This question gets asked frequently. You will find lots of recommendations in other threads by using the search function.

It’s a non running 2012. Why enclosed?

1 Like

And they always get closed because they always get spammed.

1 Like

Hi All. Looking to ship a sedan from New Jersey to Las Vegas, NV.

Does anyone know of any reliable companies they have used in the past?

I did a few google searches and I am getting quotes between 1200-1500.

Any help would be appreciated.

Looking to ship in the next week or so.

Thanks,
Manny

Did you search?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

(I did search this forum but didn’t get a clean answer)

Shipping car from OR to CA. I pulled quotes from various aggregator websites. All the quotes I get, are either in the $400-$600 range (about 6-8) or in the $1200-$1600 range (10+).

First, im surprised there are so many shipping companies in America. That being said, I Don’t understand why some of these are so cheap and some of these are so expensive. I am not trying to get the cheapest but Im just surprised why these prices are bi-modal?

@Ursus Thanks for moving but my question was actually different. I am not trying to find shipping companies. I am trying to understand why the quotes are all bi-modal. Either ~$500 or in the $1500 range. Nothing in between

Just wanted to keep shipping questions in one place.

Are comparing open to enclosed transport? I have also noticed that reputable, established shipping companies charge a premium for their service since they have usually have proper insurance and experienced drivers. The cheap companies are usually a 1 man operation, who shows up in a dually pick up truck with a suboptimal trailer. i.e. - I had a client ship a GT3 RS and he hired the cheapest company. Guy showed up in a tight 2 car trailer that you use for lawn equipment and had to climb in/out of the window once he got it in the trailer. Versus I had another client ship a Macan and hired the most expensive company. They came in a giant carrier, plastic wrapped the seats, steering wheel, and the car.

Yes. Open is fine. Just don’t want the car to be do dinged.

So Does anyone has a preferred list of shipping companies? Doesn’t look like it

Any recs?

They are all probably just brokers. What happens is they put it on the “board” and the lowest bidder gets the job and the broker keeps the difference. I would look at someone who has a lot of good reviews in this instance if you aren’t using a company that ships in-house.

4 Likes