Car Sale Options: Lessor/Lei Title, No Registration, California

Hello,

Completed a lease end BMW purchase in California. I did not register the former loaner car, and have not transferred the title (in possession of the BMW lessor released title).

What are my best options to sell the car in Bay Area without completing what is listed above? Ideally at a new car dealership where I can compete a trade-in

I found a post that said my-car-auction would buy it, but offer came in low & driveway dot com would not complete the deal.

Most dealers eont accept the lessor released title. In CA, you can get the title into your name and claim sales tax exemption for an immediatw resale. There are a bunch of threads on here walking through the process.

Unfortunately, the car had mechanical issues after purchase that took five weeks to complete so I couldn’t hit the ten-day window. The purchase was completed in April

10 day window starts when you get a new title in your name, not a lessor released. Search MCA and find the other guys who will buy a lessor released title. My Car Auction is not the only game.

Though holding the released title for 3 months, that’s gotta cause some kind of problem in itself.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.