Car payment relief during Coronavirus + incentive programs such as 'zero interest' and deferred payments

Thank the guy after JFK for that one.

And stimulus money is based on 2018 tax return. Most families are losing their jobs now and unemployment is rising now, not in 2018.

I am and I challenge all others that can to give their stimulus check to someone in need.

Watch the movie or expose, Hot Coffee. I won’t tell you how it ends.

On Amazon Prime, “free”. Rated 86% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Ok let’s get back on topic.

If you have any information on payment relief from lenders/lessors, please share for the benefit of everyone who may need it.

Actual information! Not your wishlist or demands.

4 Likes

https://www.chase.com/digital/resources/coronavirus

Chase which a captive for few auto companies still no update on specifics for lease/car loans.

additional links for mortgage but that it no specific reliefs identified.

1 Like

My BMW X5 lease ends tomorrow. I tried to reach out to the local deal regarding the return, but no one answers the phone. I did some research and called 800-959-4269. BMW rep verified my identity and offered one month free lease extension, due to the CA BMW dealer closure for corona virus. Although I have to pay one year CA registration, I accepted the offer.

I will call back and check if the lease extension needs to be extended one month later.

Update: Today I paid $22 for PNO (Planned Non Operation)

Summary:
1, For those ones that lease end in March or early April, you can call and get one month free lease extension.
2, For other lease customers, you can request and postpone two payments.

18 Likes

Nice to finally read a new thread were someone did their own legwork and didn’t complain about the outcome. Thanks for the info.

17 Likes

That guy that wanted BMW to pick up the tab on 12 months and got a defer of 2 payments instead is gonna be pissed!

7 Likes

You may not have to pay the CA DMV fee. It’s currently giving 60 days of non enforcement of car registration, if you turn it in before 60 days, you might be ok. That’s my interpretation of it, but I could be wrong.

18 Likes

Thank you for the information, and you are right! https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/newsrel/2020/2020_12

1 Like

Just let the registration expire and risk the ticket - If you get a ticket, then it will just be a fix it ticket. However, California has a 60 day grace period and given the climate there are not many cops pulling people over for 1 month expired registrations…

2 Likes

Wait what? So they extended the lease without having to continue payment?

Y’all best double check that grace on the registration

It’s only for those services that can’t be performed online. Registrations can be done online.

Also grace doesn’t mean forgiveness of what is owed - I haven’t read that you won’t eventually have to pay what is due through back dating payments.

1 Like

And CA dmv loves their late penalties for registration. And taking you to collections for not paying them.

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth.

People could PNO for a month if their sticker still shows as valid for the month of April, but that’d be y’know illegal.

Got a $25 ticket for street-parking a PNO car… not the end of the world…

My favorite was with one of my motorcycles… It’s an uncommon brand and for whatever reason, the DMV system never wants to auto update the insurance. They’d send me some letter that my insurance had lapsed (even though it never did), and as such my registration was suspended. It was always resolved by me faxing a copy of my insurance. At one point it was happening every few months.

Well, once it occured around the time of the registration renewal. If your registration is suspended, they won’t send you a renewal notice to pay for the next year. They will, however, slap you with a bunch of late fees and then threaten to take you to collections for not paying your registration… That they never sent the bill for.

You can do it online via their portal or email them a copy too

It’s been a few years since I was dealing with it. It’s been non-oped for a while.